Gretsch Amps

Does anyone have any info about a G6166 Hi-Fi Gretsch Amp

Hello Everybody, a friend of mine shot me a message and asked if anyone has any info on this type of amp G6166 he’s also looking for a schematic if it’s available he’s not part of the board but I’m sure he will pop up now since I mentioned to him he should take a look and ask around here about the amp. Thanks for any help you can give

I looked it up and G6199 number is for the Billy Bo guitar. Pictures would probably help.

I looked it up and G6199 number is for the Billy Bo guitar. Pictures would probably help.

– Devil's Tool

Oops G6166 got my numbers mixed up

Wow - very cool. I don't have any info about it other than similar amps on Reveb -

https://reverb.com/nz/item/...

That handle looks new and I haven't seen a cab like that before, but in the world of Gretsch/Valco anything is possible.

It was a hi-if professional model with trem and reverb. From the pics I’ve seen it looks more Danelectro than Valco. Different than the Fury. Never seen a schematic.

Pics and specs on page 16 of the epic Gretsch Guitars for Moderns 1955 catalog. Not to be a jerk, but the "G" designation is for modern post-1989 Gretsches only. Cool find as these don't turn up often. More pics?

A very interesting topic that I have considered, I think this is one of the most important information for me. And I'm glad to read your article. Thanks for sharing! fireboy and watergirl

Your post content is being interested by a lot of people, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more good articles. paper io 2

Register Sign in to join the conversation