Gretsch Amps

Does anyone have any info about a G6166 Hi-Fi Gretsch Amp

Hello Everybody, a friend of mine shot me a message and asked if anyone has any info on this type of amp G6166 he’s also looking for a schematic if it’s available he’s not part of the board but I’m sure he will pop up now since I mentioned to him he should take a look and ask around here about the amp. Thanks for any help you can give

I looked it up and G6199 number is for the Billy Bo guitar. Pictures would probably help.

I looked it up and G6199 number is for the Billy Bo guitar. Pictures would probably help.

– Devil's Tool

Oops G6166 got my numbers mixed up

Wow - very cool. I don't have any info about it other than similar amps on Reveb -

https://reverb.com/nz/item/...

That handle looks new and I haven't seen a cab like that before, but in the world of Gretsch/Valco anything is possible.

It was a hi-if professional model with trem and reverb. From the pics I’ve seen it looks more Danelectro than Valco. Different than the Fury. Never seen a schematic.

Pics and specs on page 16 of the epic Gretsch Guitars for Moderns 1955 catalog. Not to be a jerk, but the "G" designation is for modern post-1989 Gretsches only. Cool find as these don't turn up often. More pics?

Register Sign in to join the conversation