Gretsch Amps

Any info/advice about this amp?

I was dropping off a guitar to get some work done a couple days ago and saw this as I was walking out. I love the size and weight, but I didn't have a chance to try it out. Any factual or subjective info about this little guy?

Panel. Also, what do y'all think about this price? I could probably get them down a bit...

Well lit's a bit later era, like late 60s which was end of the line for Supro. Has the darker cloth and Baldwin aluminum knobs. Plus those plastic logos always broke like on some Gibson apms.

Still, tweaked up... could sound great, depending on what you want. Looks like a Dano/Silvertone in front? (by the covering)?

I thought it might be a 6150T, but there are a knob too many. It may be a 6152 (check the 1968 Catalog)which is the same but with reverb. Slightly bigger cabinet and it delivers a very loud 5 watts of Valco/Supro goodness. Price may be a little high, but not by much.

I thought it might be a 6150T, but there are a knob too many. It may be a 6152 (check the 1968 Catalog)which is the same but with reverb. Slightly bigger cabinet and it delivers a very loud 5 watts of Valco/Supro goodness. Price may be a little high, but not by much.

– lx

The 6152 makes sense. There are two FX controls on this, so, I'd suspect reverb and trem. $800 might be good depending on condition (recent cap job, etc.).

Yes, it has reverb and trem...

That fact that it has reverb is what made me take a second look, 'cause I can't live without it. The reverb is a black metal box the size of a brick...not sure how good it is, but I'm going to check it out more thoroughly now I think.

5 loud watts sounds like something I can convince myself I definitely need. Plus it looks so cool!

Thanks for the info guys!!

That old Amp is a beauty, but Im sure its going to need some Technical work inside to get everything Safe and up to date. You can use that in the attempt at a Price reduction. Even at the list price and the future upgrades ,you can probably have someone hand wire you a Clone at the same pricepoint.

They dont make those amps anymore and like everything Instrument related, it may soon be a "rare" and highly desired piece.

Decisions decisions.

I say 1958 to 68 Supro was maybe just one rung below Fender. But the reverb wasn't as good just like some other ok amps (Danelectro) had sucky reverb.

Register Sign in to join the conversation