The Workbench

While dodging the virus and working limited hours.

Nice work!! It looks great! Was that piece of wood chiseled out in a previous (somebody else) neck set?

I always look forward to seeing your posts, Curt. Thank you for sharing these projects with us. It is very inspiring to view your amazing work.

Always enjoyable to see master craftsmanship. It looks like it was rebound before you got it? I noticed that the dots on the neck binding were black.

Nice work!! It looks great! Was that piece of wood chiseled out in a previous (somebody else) neck set?

– Jeff H

That piece was broken when I removed the binding. It’s now glued back on and it’s solid.

Always enjoyable to see master craftsmanship. It looks like it was rebound before you got it? I noticed that the dots on the neck binding were black.

– lx

There are a lot of unfortunate liberties taken on this guitar. ABS binding with exposed ends so you can see the plys because one side was cut short. Like you said the black dots, razor blade marks. It’ll be a nice player.

Here's what I was talking about.I'm sure they got to the end of the last piece of binding and said s///! We've all been there but just about everyone would start over or the customer was given an option.

Also, the out of place 4 ply pieces.

Register Sign in to join the conversation