The Workbench

Treble Bleed Cap Question

My 2015 Gretsch 5422TDCG SnoCrest missed having a factory treble bleed on the Master Volume by one year I think. I want to add it to the exact Gretsch specs value wise.

TV jones has parts and a whole pot pre-soldered. But is it Gretsch spec's? Does "factory" treble bleed use a Cap AND a Resistor or just a cap?

Thanks all

My 2015 Gretsch 5422TDCG SnoCrest missed having a factory treble bleed on the Master Volume by one year I think. I want to add it to the exact Gretsch specs value wise.

TV jones has parts and a whole pot pre-soldered. But is it Gretsch spec's? Does "factory" treble bleed use a Cap AND a Resistor or just a cap?

Thanks all

The pots TV Jones uses are Gretsch specs, but not Gretsch-Electromatic specs. However, they’re still totally usable. You’ll have to order the new pot with split-shaft to fit your existing knob (they will put a little wedge in the split for you if you tell them to), and you’ll have to do a little bit of reaming to get the hole in your guitar big enough to fit the new pot. It can be a simple affair.

I just replaced all of the electronics in my 5420 with a TV Jones harness, and had to enlarge all of the holes.

Oh, and upon looking at my stock knob, it appears it just has a treble bleed cap. I don’t see a resister, but I could be missing it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation