The Workbench

Tone switch


Anybody know a source for the tone switch found in some Gretsch guitars?Schem is here My friend has a "Tradition" archtop he wants to make more Gretsch like,he's gonna order some TV Jones pick ups to replace the humbuckers in it now.I have the tone switch in my 6118 Jr,but I'd rather not open it up to take the switch out.Thanks in advance for any help.


If he's ordering TVJ pickups, TVJ also sells the switch and capacitors....


From what I saw,TV Jones has a complete wiring harness with the tone switch for like 128 bucks,but I dont see the switch by itself.


Thanks,dont know how I missed that.Couple of dollars more than the one I posted,but I'm guessing it'd be a wash with shipping.

Register Sign in to join the conversation