General tech questions

Stripped Screw Hole In Hollowbody

I have a hollow body with P90s. Generic along the lines of Fatdawg Gene but it's not.

I've changed pickups a few times of various P90s but now one of the holes has enlarged so the screw doesn't secure to the body.

What can be done to fix this? Other than a bigger screw diameter and enlarging the hole on the P90 ear what can be done? Am I screwed (no pun intended) or cam something be done?

Thanks

Shave a small piece of dowel to fit the hole, glue it in place, let it dry, trim off the excess, drill a pilot hole, refit the pickup and off you go.

Like the man said above is best, or a cheap, fast and sleazy way is to crazy glue a wooden toothpick in. break it off flush, remount pickup, also works fine.

Thanks guys. When I settle on the right P90 I will repair the hole with your techniques.

Put a little water on the hole and carefully apply some heat to it. The wood will swell up and tighten the hole.

Put a little water on the hole and carefully apply some heat to it. The wood will swell up and tighten the hole.

– duojet55

duo, thanks for the tip. I'll try that and try the other suggestions if the water trick doesn't do it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation