The Workbench

Not on the bench anymore, 1959 Silver Jet

Wow! Very nice work. I love the photos showing the different steps. I'm not sure how you repaired the neck pocket area with the missing wood. Also, was the wood screw a part of the previous repair?

Wow! Very nice work. I love the photos showing the different steps. I'm not sure how you repaired the neck pocket area with the missing wood. Also, was the wood screw a part of the previous repair?

– Hoot Owl

I was able to epoxy the original piece back on and yes the screw was part of the origin repair. The screw will eliminate any weakness.

thanks!

Cool. Thx for sharing!

What is the amp?

Thanks for taking the time to upload all your fantastic work.

Beautiful work as always Curt and thank you for sharing! And what year is this one and was it an original sparkle top? Oh damn,I missed the year in the title,my bad :) Oh wait,I did have one more question so is that a vacuum bag to pull the sparkle veneer down?

I love that guitar!! And I got to see it in person! Nice work, Curt!

Of course I laugh when things are funny but sometimes I laugh when I'm amazed by something....weird I know but that's me. So I laughed! What a great project and I am truly amazed and thankful for the pictures of the journey...... Great work Curt in that magic shop!!

Amazing work. Really impressive Curt

Once again terrific job! I would love to be able to that kind of stuff!

Cool. Thx for sharing!

What is the amp?

– Jazzhands11

The amp is the Lawrenceville, built by JBGretschguy here on the pages.

Beautiful work as always Curt and thank you for sharing! And what year is this one and was it an original sparkle top? Oh damn,I missed the year in the title,my bad :) Oh wait,I did have one more question so is that a vacuum bag to pull the sparkle veneer down?

– Michael Williams

Yep, the bag is the only way to get uniform down force across the top.

Oh yeah! That's a player now. Nice!

Fabulous work, as always. True craftsmanship.

Thanks for sharing the finished project. Can hardly believe it's the same guitar.

Great job, Curt! Came out beautiful !

Beautiful work, Curt, American craftsmanship at its finest! Your attention to detail is amazing, and I/we always appreciate seeing these projects unfold.

Register Sign in to join the conversation