General tech questions

No identification plate in my Weber Alnico Speaker

Hello everyone, months ago I wrote to you to have suggestions on which speaker to choose for my future new amp. The choice fell on a Weber Alnico California 15" speaker. Well, the package arrived a few days ago, and opening it I find out that:

In the speaker basket there is no identification plate where the model name, electrical power, impedance and date of manufacture are given. The only "signal" that can be seen beyond the weber stick in the bell is a date written in the cone which reads 05/24/16.

It's normal?

I can't make out the number on my Weber Ferromax, even though someone attempted to write it on the label!

They may not be doing things in the traditional way anymore. But I have also never seen this

Its supposed to have a sticker on the rim with the model number and date of manufacture. Check this one - Link

and if it's a california, they even got the sticker of the advertisement wrong !!!!!! It should be a california given the large H diaphragm and the curved cone.

and if it's a california, they even got the sticker of the advertisement wrong !!!!!! It should be a california given the large H diaphragm and the curved cone.

– Paolo_Spadaro

Weber is a really responsive company - they will help you sort it.

Maybe the sticker is under the magnet cover. Did you buy it new, direct from Weber or is it a used speaker?

The Speaker is new!!! Under magnet cover? Interesting.....

Yes remove the “bell” - cover and should be a sticker with the info.

You’ll have to remove (or damage) the decal on the bell cover to get to the screw. Unless it just spins on and off.

Register Sign in to join the conversation