General tech questions

Grover Nickel Locking Tuners on a Gretsch G6119 FT-1962

Can the Grover 502C Roto-Grip Locking Rotomatic 3x3 tuners be used on a Gretsch G6119FT-1962 Tennessee Rose without any modification to the headstock, or for that matter, can any locking tuners be used without mods? I replaced the stock tuners on my Tele with Fender locking ones and they're great! Apologies if this has been asked before.

I am guessing that the tuner post holes would need to be enlarged and the original screw holes would not line up and new screw holes drilled and the old holes filled. The only locking tuners that would be a closer fit but would probably require some modification would be a set of Gotoh SD 90 Vintage style locking tuners which are Kluson style w/ plastic keystone buttons. To my knowledge I am not aware of any locking tuners that are a drop in replacement for the stock Grover Sta-tites.

I am guessing that the tuner post holes would need to be enlarged and the original screw holes would not line up and new screw holes drilled and the old holes filled. The only locking tuners that would be a closer fit but would probably require some modification would be a set of Gotoh SD 90 Vintage style locking tuners which are Kluson style w/ plastic keystone buttons. To my knowledge I am not aware of any locking tuners that are a drop in replacement for the stock Grover Sta-tites.

– Gretschadelphia

Thanks!

Register Sign in to join the conversation