The Workbench

Gretsch G6129T Bridge Options

So, what options would one have for a replacement bridge for the Adjust O Matic bridge with posts in the body that comes on these? Just a roller style? Or do they happen to make a Tru Arc style for these models?

Just for clarification, this is the type of bridge on it ...... like a Gibson with ferrules in the body and posts screwed into it. It’s not a floating bridge with a Adjust O Matic on top.

They do. We do. Yes.

– Proteus

Sorry for my ignorance Proteus .... but who is “We Do”?

I'm Tru-Arc...ideas, sales, customer service. My brother's shop in Ohio makes the bridges.

Yep, fixed bridge posts, yessir, got it.

Chances are 97% your guitar has posts of 5/32" (4mm) diameter, set 2-29/32" (74mm) center-to-center spacing. That's the same spacing as the floating bases so the same bridges work in either situation. Given the correct offset between the posts Terada has always, in my experience, used (with the bass side slightly behind the treble side), you can use either the Standard (uncompensated) series or the SerpenTune series, with compensation machined in.

Five metals to choose from (plus glass, in the Standard series.)

If Gretsch Spec Random Variation Syndrome has crept into the pro-line from the Electromatics, you could have 73mm spacing between the posts - but I haven't seen that. Either way, we have bridges for your guitar. Hit me with an email and we can get into the details.

I'm Tru-Arc...ideas, sales, customer service. My brother's shop in Ohio makes the bridges.

Yep, fixed bridge posts, yessir, got it.

Chances are 97% your guitar has posts of 5/32" (4mm) diameter, set 2-29/32" (74mm) center-to-center spacing. That's the same spacing as the floating bases so the same bridges work in either situation. Given the correct offset between the posts Terada has always, in my experience, used (with the bass side slightly behind the treble side), you can use either the Standard (uncompensated) series or the SerpenTune series, with compensation machined in.

Five metals to choose from (plus glass, in the Standard series.)

If Gretsch Spec Random Variation Syndrome has crept into the pro-line from the Electromatics, you could have 73mm spacing between the posts - but I haven't seen that. Either way, we have bridges for your guitar. Hit me with an email and we can get into the details.

– Proteus

I was figuring that, but didn’t want to assume. I actually shot to an email this afternoon about 12:30ish central time as long as the email on the Tru Arc page is still correct(harmanz@psci.net).

May have gone to spam, as things unaccountably sometimes do. I'll check. Thanks for the heads-up.

Register Sign in to join the conversation