General tech questions

Duo Jet bridge height

I was wondering what the typical string-to-body distance is for a Duo Jet. Mine is very close to an inch at the bridge, with the T-Armonds on two fairly thick spacers. Is that within the normal range?

Yep that's normal, here's mine. I have my T-Armond bridge jacked up real high

Thanks, I figured it was good - just checking. I'm liking the string height with my style (or lack thereof) of fingerpicking.

Man, you got to take the slip of foam rubber out from under the bridge. It's really there just to prevent the top getting scratched by movement of the bridge base during shipping; it's not intended as a permanent part of the guitar. Tone should improve audibly when it's gone!

Man, you got to take the slip of foam rubber out from under the bridge. It's really there just to prevent the top getting scratched by movement of the bridge base during shipping; it's not intended as a permanent part of the guitar. Tone should improve audibly when it's gone!

– Proteus

Ha - I did eliminate the paper under the bridge on it's first day at home. I was just too lazy to take another shot of it.

I'm used to guitars arriving with anomalies - gotta get used to Gretsch quality again!

And fwiw, here's a pic of how I have the poles on my T-Armonds adjusted, not that you asked lol, but ive already got the pic

Excellent! I'm was going to adjust mine soon, and that gives me a tried setup. Thanks.

I found the best way to balance them out volume wise is to add another spacer to the bridge, so the body is high and you lower the poles, and to lower the neck pickup but raise the poles out

Most annoying pickup on the planet IMNSHO. I still fool around with mine and stroke my chin....and yep, I know what we're meant to do with shims and heights etc,. If I get frustrated I ignore the guitar and play the GFS Surf 90s which always sound...there.

Most annoying pickup on the planet IMNSHO. I still fool around with mine and stroke my chin....and yep, I know what we're meant to do with shims and heights etc,. If I get frustrated I ignore the guitar and play the GFS Surf 90s which always sound...there.

That's strange, I love mine. They definitely take some tweaking but theyre my favorite pickups

Register Sign in to join the conversation