Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: Gretsch Vintage 1964 Tennessean w/ original case $1850

I have a vintage (not reissue) Gretsch Tennessean for sale on Ebay and Reverb, see link for photos and item specs. $1850 here at the Gretsch Pages by pay pal merch. Thanks Link

Still available. Will Consider offers.

For sale is a great vintage Gretsch Tennessean from 1964, this is not a reissue and guitar is all original with the original case. Local guitar tech and luthier looked it over and said everything works great and functions properly. Guitar electronics all work great for their age; there is a little static when turning the pots but little/no popping or hissing normally associated with 50+ year old guitars. This guitar plays and sounds cleaner than any of the numerous vintage gretches I have played and I don’t think it gets any better than this. Original Hilo’Tron pickups sound great, nice and full with great clarity, to my ears the individual pickups sound better than the middle position. This is a hollow body with minimal wear for its age and simulated f-holes painted on the body. The finish is original and there is checking but the binding is in great condition with no signs of rot. There are minimal nicks, scratches, and dents but all are small and everything is structurally stable. The neck is straight and the neck profile is very comfortable. The fret board is very comfortable and the frets are usable but will need to be replaced in the near future. Please keep in mind this is a 50+ year old guitar with all original electronics and hardware but everything is fully functional and this piece is equally well suited for anything from the museum to the gigging weekend warrior. Case is rough but functions as intended. All latches work but are worn and need to be positioned correctly to work properly. Listing may end early due to item being listed on the Gretsch Discussion Pages and other media. Thanks for looking.

PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING

The item is sold with no returns unless the merchandise is damaged or misrepresented. Free shipping for US only. Overseas bidders; $250 shipping amount (excess shipping charges to be refunded), customs are the responsibility of the buyer, and declaration of value will be the selling price with no exceptions. Item will be shipped upon receipt of payment. Payment is due within 48 hours of auctions end. Feel free to ask any questions and bid with confidence. Thanks for your consideration.

Someday. This is a beautiful guitar. Best of luck on the sale.

Register Sign in to join the conversation