General tech questions

Can I plug a Hotone Nano Legacy Purple Wind amp into my combo amps?

Nevermind, I actually figured it out! And, yes you can.

So...how you are liking it, eh?

It's pretty cool! I can get pretty close to some Malcolm Young tones. Bought it used for $66 w/ free shipping so I really couldn't lose. I ran it thru my AC15 and it delivered as advertised. I can actually get just about the exact same sounds from my Blackstar HT-5R on the gain channel with super low grit, however. I'm not a high gain lover-kinda like standing inside a tornado for me-but there's a time and place for low to mid gristle. It will be interesting to hear the difference with it used thru the Black Widow speaker. I should get that rig back this coming week switched over from the Peavey TNT 130 to cab use only. Incidentally, that work will cost me about $50, which is way worth it to me. I remember your comments on the BW speaker and how it will respond to this little amp so that will be interesting to hear. Thanks for the recommendation on the Purple Wind. For the price and the size I would recommend it (and a couple of other Hotone models) to others. BTW, the website says it it pronounced "Hot Tone".

"Hot Tone", that's good to know. There is a furniture store up here that years ago had a "Ho ho ho" Christmas sale. Their slogan, on TV, was, "More ho for your dough." I think it aired for about two days until someone must have said something.

Register Sign in to join the conversation