General tech questions

Any string manufacturers make a set of 7s?

It's interesting that I still go to search to see if anyone has posted anything about something that I'm speculating about.

I'm considering throwing some 7's on this Moderne Copy that I've got - just for kicks - and to see what it sounds like. I've got a Roadhouse pickup waiting to get installed too, fun in planning what to do to this guitar.

Reverend Willy Guitar Strings

Well, it looks like you found them.

I read that Billy Gibbons plays 7s and has a very light touch, but I'm not sure what brand of strings he uses.

i used to use 07's years ago..they were dan armstrong strings...

james burton uses 08's

these days billy gibbons uses the dunlop made 07's to good effect...i'd imagine his old hands just aint what they used to be

but with todays magnets and circuitry, even .07's will be heard

they certainly have lots of snap..great for clarence white/albert lee disciples

cheers

Someone started this topic 6 years ago, I didn't pick the title.

I ordered a set of 7s and a set of 8s to try out.

cool...a very thin pick helps...i used the thinnest white nylon dunlop

cheers

I have a string question, just got a 2014 White Penguin. Put a set of 9s on it as I do with all my guitars. This one sounds great except for the high E. It just doesn't sound as mellow as the rest? Anyone know what the cure might be? An 8, or a 10? I don't want to just start restringing it.

I've always used 10s so I'm of no help here, sorry. This will be my first use of some super light strings.

I've always used 10s so I'm of no help here, sorry. This will be my first use of some super light strings.

– Devil's Tool

Thanks for the reply, guess I'll check around here and see if I can come up with one or the other from a store. Wasn't looking forward to buying a whole set to try just one. If I get lucky I'll get back and post what happens.

Thanks for the reply, guess I'll check around here and see if I can come up with one or the other from a store. Wasn't looking forward to buying a whole set to try just one. If I get lucky I'll get back and post what happens.

– RCgold

If your other guitars run 9s and don't have this problem I would suspect the bridge or nut, but it's entirely possible that you just got a bum string. It happens.

Register Sign in to join the conversation