Gretsch Garage Sale

WTB: Vintage Filter Jet Pick Guard

Treated myself to a 1960 6131 Jet Firebird for Christmas but the pick guard came missing the point from the screw at the fingerboard on up. I know Setzer can make an awesome replacement but before I go that route figured I'd see if I can locate an original. Most typically the guards are black on the 6131 but I've seen plenty of pics with silver so I'm good with either. Thanks

Can I see a picture of the current guard? I have restored a few of these in the past. PM me if you want.

Can I see a picture of the current guard? I have restored a few of these in the past. PM me if you want.

– Joe Desperado

Wish I had the missing piece but it didn't come with it.

Hope this is not considered spam... If you don’t find one, send me a PM. I can add a piece on to that guard and repaint it. You will see a repair line, but it will be back to original shape.

Hope this is not considered spam... If you don’t find one, send me a PM. I can add a piece on to that guard and repaint it. You will see a repair line, but it will be back to original shape.

– Joe Desperado

LOL I think they know you're not a spammer. I kinda like hunting for parts but yeah if I can't find one and you can fix this one I'll reach out, thanks

Register Sign in to join the conversation