Gretsch Garage Sale

WTB Vintage Dearmond and gold gretsch knobs

Anybody have a vintage Dearmond Dynasonic for sale? Or some gold gretsch knobs old or new?

what are you building now???

– paul pigat

Monkeying with my Convertible. Clearly I'm out of control!

Monkeying with my Convertible. Clearly I'm out of control!

– Toxophilite

A guy's just gotta' have fun! Are the original knobs for this year Convertible still the smooth ones and don't have the arrow yet? Wouldn't matter but I just wonder.

I might have one. Email me and I will have a look

I've got a bunch of modern gold G-indent knobs. How many do you need?

A guy's just gotta' have fun! Are the original knobs for this year Convertible still the smooth ones and don't have the arrow yet? Wouldn't matter but I just wonder.

– Windsordave

This convertible , and I think most of them used drilled out strap knobs with set screws installed as knobs for the volume and tone. It works with the small controls on the pickguard.

I thought you were scrapping the pickguard and going with standard controls? Remember....the top already has a big ug... hole in it. Whats a coupld of control holes at this point?

I thought you were scrapping the pickguard and going with standard controls? Remember....the top already has a big ug... hole in it. Whats a coupld of control holes at this point?

– Windsordave

Dave, king of thread derailing! You asked about the original knobs for the Convertible so I told you what the originals were like. I wasn't saying what they had to be like. If I was to go with conventional controls I would go with the larger g knobs that I'm asking for in this thread.

Register Sign in to join the conversation