Gretsch Garage Sale

WTB: TruArcs

1. Long shot, but I've picked up a few new Gretsches recently and thought I'd check to see if anything's available used, just in case. I'd like to find an old style brass for my 6121-55 as it's not pinned and it'll save money! I also picked up a 6120-55 and a 6129-68 recently. Along with new bridges for those, apparently I'll need new bases as well, as Tim said spacing is different on the guitars with stock compensated Gretsch bridges and bases. I'd love to find some Serpentunes for those, but let me know what you have! The 6120-55 is pinned so that might need to be a Serpentune. Thanks very much!

Alan

I was thinking trading my brass serpentine for an aluminum one. Got one of those?

I was thinking trading my brass serpentine for an aluminum one. Got one of those?

– Jimbodiddley

Hey! I have an aluminum one on my 6118, but it needs to stay put! I really appreciate it, though!

You can trade with me, you know. Probably more or less even up.

You can trade with me, you know. Probably more or less even up.

– Proteus

Tim, I had thought of that, but thought it might be a hassle for you. I know you're busy. But I may take you up on that. After using the brass one for a while, I found it a bit too, well, brassy, or bold, for my 5422. Right now I have my regular aluminum Tru-Arc on it, and it's causing no problems (personally I think intonation is overrated ) I may be adding a guitar in the spring, after I (hopefully) get my bonus at work, so I'll see what the situation is like then. Thanks.

Register Sign in to join the conversation