Gretsch Garage Sale

WTB Looking For Astro Jet Body -FOUND-

Hey everybody, I’m trying to track down one of those Astro Jet Body’s that were all over the place a few years ago. If someone has one, or knows where to get one, please let me know. Thanks.

They still turn up -- even maybe more than the Vette bodies in that same stash

One or two was on fleabay just a couple of weeks ago. Keep looking; you'll find it. I'm looking for one of the Corvette bodies.

One or two was on fleabay just a couple of weeks ago. Keep looking; you'll find it. I'm looking for one of the Corvette bodies.

– lx

I am just finishing up my Corvette project and am ready for an Astro-Jet. I can’t believe I missed those 2 that just sold. I’ve got my eBay search set for US auctions only.

I had major Astro-Jet lust until I picked one up: woof, heavy as a LesPaulnothankyou. Yeah, I got the itch for a Corvette years ago. A friend's SG was one of the first guitars I'd bonded to, before I got a 6120 in my hands. I briefly had a slab '61 Corvette, but between the neck shape and the Hilo, it just didn't work. Should have cranked the Hilo in retrospect, but the neck just wasn't right. So I'm looking to carve the perfect neck: probably based on my '57/8 Filter Streamliner. I've got a spare white bobbin DeArmond I'm just itchin' to try. Or maybe a Magnatron, or a P-90, or wait, better yet, a P-13....

Astro Jets are an acquired taste. But they were the modern space age scene for the mid 60s.

My pleasure Scriff. It’s a killer platform, make it sing!

Register Sign in to join the conversation