Gretsch Garage Sale

WTB: G6128T-TVTAFTB Blonde FSR Powerjet

Hey Everyone,

Am new here but frequent Gretsch talk alot, I put up a post about one of these the other day and got some great responses but no one had one there so thought I would try my luck here.

Am chasing one of the Blonde G6128T-TVTA FSR power jets that were done back in 2012ish (I think), have just discovered them while googling the other week and just love the look of it.

If anyone has one or sees one come up forsale I would love to know about it, I don't think I'll have a heap of luck here in Australia so don't mind if I have to ship it.

Picture is taken of an old add on reverb but this is what I'm chasing.

Great color and a great guitar!

You don't see them much anymore but when you do they go quickly. Keep your eye peeled because you will see them misrepresented as just a regular Jet on Reverb and Guitar Center.

Great color and a great guitar!

You don't see them much anymore but when you do they go quickly. Keep your eye peeled because you will see them misrepresented as just a regular Jet on Reverb and Guitar Center.

– crowbone

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not on reverb much but is there a way you can put alerts for when things come up forsale?

Can't help proudly noting that the "TA" in the model number designates a Tru-Arc™ aluminum bridge, part of that model's configuration from the beginning.

That and one other FSR (an Electromatic hollowbody) have the only bullet bridges we've made, with longer tapered ends rather than the usual rounded blunt cut.

I think it's the only time I've made it into a product model number. Guy remembers a thing like that.

Can't help proudly noting that the "TA" in the model number designates a Tru-Arc™ aluminum bridge, part of that model's configuration from the beginning.

That and one other FSR (an Electromatic hollowbody) have the only bullet bridges we've made, with longer tapered ends rather than the usual rounded blunt cut.

I think it's the only time I've made it into a product model number. Guy remembers a thing like that.

– Proteus

Yeah I did notice that those bridge ends looked different to your standard Tru-Arcs.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not on reverb much but is there a way you can put alerts for when things come up forsale?

– stefan87

Yes. You can set up alerts on Reverb. You just search and then click the “Follow This Search” button. You can also customize it with price thresholds.

– stefan87

That's the thing, some folks don't realize what they have other than a Gretsch Jet, so if you're vigilant, it may payoff for you.

On Reverb, search for "Gretsch Jet"

There should be a blue button towards the right side that says "Follow this Search"

They'll send you an email everytime a listing with "Gretsch Jet" is added

You can narrow down the search to filter out other Jets, but like Crowbone said some people might not know what they're listing.

Add “Used” to the search criteria, or you’ll be so sick of Jets you’ll never fly again. At the moment a search for “Gretsch Jet,” with no further filtering, brings 1,341 results.

If I were that bound to find a specific model from 2012, I might be willing to sift through 1400 just in case one had been listed incorrectly as "New"

You can also search craigslist nationally by using the "site:craigslist.org" after whatever you're searching for in google.

IE: Gretsch Jet site:craigslist.org

Thanks a lot for your help guys, have set up the search on reverb so fingers crossed.

You can also search craigslist nationally by using the "site:craigslist.org" after whatever you're searching for in google.

IE: Gretsch Jet site:craigslist.org

– crowbone

Thanks for the help with that, everytime I try to look up craigslist it is just so hard with how many different states you guys have and it all becomes very confusing lol.

Register Sign in to join the conversation