Gretsch Garage Sale

WTB Bigsby B6

I'm looking for an older 50s or 60s BIgsby B-6 for a full size hollowbody A 50s one with no black paint would be cool but a 60s one would be fine too An older gold one would be cool too I don't mind wear, scratches, etc etc etc I could relic up a new one but I thought it'd cool to see if someone has a surplus one. Thanks

British expression for exhausted, as in how you feel after a long day of work or play.

Ok Jonathan ... you can't just slip a photo like that in there without some commentary on that pickup! Is that the real deal or a TK Smith CAR?

"Knackered" ???

– kc_eddie_b

That's Ye Olde Englishe.. One of the definitions was for when old horses were sent to the knacker yard to be reduced to their basic components for industry.Not a great way to end up..

Ok Jonathan ... you can't just slip a photo like that in there without some commentary on that pickup! Is that the real deal or a TK Smith CAR?

– kc_eddie_b

Neither. The cover is a genuine PA.....a bunch of years ago, a bunch of rough castings as well as pedal housings hit the market, and I bought some of the pickup housings. I made a couple of pickups....pretty much just p90s under the hood. Guy, from Brooklyn made me some insanely accurate pickups a few years ago, so this is and another just like it are laying around waiting for the right project.

Here are the ones from Guy:

They currently live in my double neck:

I PMed you about the bigsby Did you get it?

I'll send another If that doesn't work then

pastance@telus.net

i'm curious what you want for it

Nice doubleneck!

Ooof! That double-neck is insane!

Thanks I got it. Unfortunately $500 is too steep for me That would be a little under 50% of the price of the project 52 Electro 2 I'd be putting it on!

I'll probably get a new one and age it

Although you can still stumble across a periodic deal on 50s Bigsby units on Ebay, they have gotten pricey. Not many sell for south of $350 anymore, and most complete and good condition examples command north of $4-500. The very early fixed arm units are going for over $1k in some cases.

No problem I too understand the need to get top dollar out of parts to offset other expenditures. Sometimes people seem to sell things on the forum to other members for a bit of a bargain. So I was hoping for that.

I did fake up a B6 for my convertible that looks quite good so I can probably do another.

Register Sign in to join the conversation