Gretsch Garage Sale

WTB 50’S GRETSCH BRIDGE

With rosewood base only.

Which kind? In the 50s Gretsch applied aluminum Bigsby bridges, bar-style bridges, Melita bridges.

Which kind? In the 50s Gretsch applied aluminum Bigsby bridges, bar-style bridges, Melita bridges.

– kc_eddie_b

...and the Space Control bridge in the later century.

Yes, you're right. I'm looking for a bar or a "compensated" (that was used shortly in 1958)bridge. Thanks

Of all the options the compensated bar bridge will be the least common, as you've pointed out it was only really employed in '58ish models. But... you never know what's floating around out there. Good luck in your quest!

Re: the '58 "compensated" bar - it's a 1/2" brass bar with a slight bend, two holes drilled in it, chrome plated, and slots crudely filed into it. It could pretty easily be replicated if anyone wished to do so.

Re: the '58 "compensated" bar - it's a 1/2" brass bar with a slight bend, two holes drilled in it, chrome plated, and slots crudely filed into it. It could pretty easily be replicated if anyone wished to do so.

– Afire

Here's a pic... note the offset position of the post holes.

– Afire

Thanks Afire, I know well enough that bridge, but I need one original . The chase is on....

Register Sign in to join the conversation