Gretsch Garage Sale

Worth a shot: Anyone have a 4-Track Cassette Recorder? [WTB]

I've been playing a lot with cassette tapes lately (added a speed control and reverse switch to a simple tape deck I have, been splicing loops and playing them back through my pedals, dumb stuff I'll probably get bored with in a week, etc), and I'm really enjoying the medium as a tool and nostalgia kick. I sold my Tascam DIGITAL Portastudio awhile back, but I'm kind of wanting to replace it with the old-fashioned version. I've got all sorts of wacky ideas I want to try.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone's got an old tape machine they don't use anymore. I'd like to play with it.

I have both a Yamaha 4track cassette recorder and original Tascam 4 track cassette recorder. I love them but they just sit around. The Yamaha I purchased from Yamaha directly a zillion yrs back.

I have both a Yamaha 4track cassette recorder and original Tascam 4 track cassette recorder. I love them but they just sit around. The Yamaha I purchased from Yamaha directly a zillion yrs back.

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

Any chance you're willing to part with one?

Good call Dave, I've bought stuff on their site before. The benefit of buying from a member here though is knowing whether the darn thing works before I fork over the cash.

Any chance you're willing to part with one?

– Otter

wanna trade the yamaha for something fun?

Anything in particular you're looking for? I don't have a ton of trade bait (been downsizing lately)... I've got a black Russian Big Muff, a Korg Pitch Black, an empty Crybaby enclosure, Tele bodies in various stages of completeness, a Squier Strat neck, Squier Bronco Bass... Maybe you're interested in some metal can opamps (for extra mojo brains), or a Levys rhinestone buckle strap, or a Levys tuxedo strap (black and white saddle shoe style), a chopped Bigsby B5?

I would, of course, be willing to add cash to any deal, or pay outright

I'll give this one more bump. Otherwise I guess I'm off to ebay or goodwill

$30.00 @ shopgoodwill and I was not disappointed.

Yeah I've got my eye on a few of them there. They do seem to be well-screened and mostly in working order. Just thought I might catch someone here with an unused one sitting around.

Anything in particular you're looking for? I don't have a ton of trade bait (been downsizing lately)... I've got a black Russian Big Muff, a Korg Pitch Black, an empty Crybaby enclosure, Tele bodies in various stages of completeness, a Squier Strat neck, Squier Bronco Bass... Maybe you're interested in some metal can opamps (for extra mojo brains), or a Levys rhinestone buckle strap, or a Levys tuxedo strap (black and white saddle shoe style), a chopped Bigsby B5?

– Otter

ooops I just saw this.. let me go look in gayrahj and find it. what tele bodies y'all got?

I've got one Mexican standard Tele body which has had its finish stripped, and one in cypress which was my first CNC adventure. To be honest, neither is particularly nice, but could be ok for a beater.

Which neck? The Squier Strat? It's pretty nice: rosewood board, c shape, big 70s headstock. I can take some pictures later

See if you can find a Tascam 388 reel to reel Porta-Studio. They rock.

I wish. Not likely I can wrangle a trade for one of those, or find it at Goodwill

Register Sign in to join the conversation