Gretsch Garage Sale

Wanted to Buy : Vintage 1957 Duo Jet

Hi all. I sold my black 1957 Duo Jet some time back along with a bunch of other vintage instruments - and it's the one I wish I had not sold. Does anyone have one to sell to me, please? Please let me know. Please be gentle with me! Thanks.

That's an interesting one. It's had the George Harrison treatment with the back painted black. But not original, as the listing claims. The price definitely doesn't reflect that.

Here's one...

https://reverb.com/item/235...

– kc_eddie_b

Wow, that's not gentle price-wise! When I followed things Gretsch more closely I remember there was a 57 on eBay from Harrison's batch--and not all that far away in serial number either. The seller didn't know or at least speak of the Harrison link and it went for a pretty good price.

If the OP is happy with a 55 Duo Jet I can always talk to my brother who has one from that year. He does what i recommend even if it takes him a few years to get around to it.

Best of luck finding one. i picked up a 56 recently that I’m in love with.

Wow, that's not gentle price-wise! When I followed things Gretsch more closely I remember there was a 57 on eBay from Harrison's batch--and not all that far away in serial number either. The seller didn't know or at least speak of the Harrison link and it went for a pretty good price.

If the OP is happy with a 55 Duo Jet I can always talk to my brother who has one from that year. He does what i recommend even if it takes him a few years to get around to it.

– knavel

Yah, I'd consider that! Please PM me with information whenever your bro decides. Thanks.

Register Sign in to join the conversation