Gretsch Garage Sale

Wanted: Gretsch project guitars.

Hey guys

Looking for a few more project guitars in any condition. Broken, cut in half, you name it.

Send me a message or email me at jre_productions at yahoo.com

Let me know what you have and how much you want. I am in Chicago land area.

Hey guys

Looking for a few more project guitars in any condition. Broken, cut in half, you name it.

Send me a message or email me at jre_productions at yahoo.com

Let me know what you have and how much you want. I am in Chicago land area.

– Joe Desperado

I may have one for you Joe... I'll drop you a note.

Will also trade guitar repairs and restorations for project guitars. References available upon request.

Thanks to those who have reach out to me…. snagged one, looking for a few others. So I'll give this a gentle bump up.

Preference toward 50s-60s beat, broken, missing chunks of wood, binding issues, orphan body or neck etc…. but I will considered others that are priced right too.

Joe

Joe... did you get the info on the Thin-Twin I sent you. No worries if it's not what you're looking for. Just wanted to make sure you got the note.

I may have something for you, Joe. I bought a 1954 Electromatic last year with the idea of fixing it up. I put a T’Armond and a TV Jones harness in it. I also found bought some period correct tuners for it and I have a period case for it that needs work. I Don’t think I will ever get around to finishing this properly. Make me an offer. PM me.

The original thread.

Another thread.

Ed, sent you another email.

Bob, let me think about that one.

Still Looking for another project or two. Mostly looking for battered and abused, but hit me up with what you got.

I have an Astro Jet that you made the neck for. The neck is set and that’s as far as it’s gotten.

I’ve been watching that one @Ed. My dad had a sixties Tenny and has always regretted selling it. So I’ve been looking for something affordable I could replaced it with.

The parts kill ya on these types of restoration though. You could amass another $800-1000 in parts. When all done, you still have a refinished guitar worth not much more than your investment. So it’s gotta be a labor love cause you won’t recoup your time.

There is the Astro Jet body I'm selling here. You already know how to make the necks!

Two down, looking for the next project. Preference for basket case or trash bin guitars. But open to anything

Gotta love that fingerboard repair Ed. Never seen anything like that

Gotta love that fingerboard repair Ed. Never seen anything like that

– Shuggie

Yeah... but Joe likes a challenge!

So they’re paying $100.00 to take it off their hands?

I have a 1963 Jet Firebird double cutaway with the original Burns tremolo, the space control bridge, the original tuners, and the "G" knobs". I might be persuaded to part with it. It has sat for thirty plus years in its original hardshell black-shot-thru-with-silver-threads tolex covered case and the metal parts in a separate plastic bag; the metal parts are "green" with corrosion. I think I have someplace the black and white plastics that covers the body cavities The finish has been stripped off and I started to use a liquid white vinyl to whiten and repair the binding, but that has turned chalky after 30 years, so all the binding would have to be replaced. The corroded green gold plated parts would need to be buffed of corrosion and re-plated. Probably needs a neck reset. The paper label inside the body cavity has dissolved into little paper particles. Would need, besides refinishing and re-plating, a complete new harness and pickups. along with replacement gold-plated switchcraft switch tips.

Register Sign in to join the conversation