Gretsch Garage Sale

Vintage Gretsch, Gibson, Martin Blowout

You are selling 4 of the coolest guitars ever made! Are you sure you picked the right 4 to sell? If I was loaded I would buy all of them at once.

I've played that Jet, and it's killer.

Really nice guitars you've got up on the block.

Good luck with the sale!

Raising funds for Sausage Party 2? :)

I'm crying inside now,if only i were loaded!

Maybe i'll get lucky on the Grand National tomorrow.

I'm crying inside now,if only i were loaded!

Maybe i'll get lucky on the Grand National tomorrow.

– JCHiggy

You and me.

I guess I'll reiterate my prior comments by saying you are a long way from being over the top, and just because you are not giving each their due as you might doesn't mean you can't keep and enjoy them when the urge happens.

They are better cared for in your orbit than in many others...and can be hard to replace.

Greg, do I have the math right, here? You have only (yes, I said "only") nine guitars and you're letting go of five of them because you aren't playing them?

Please, don't be such a Buddhist. You're making the rest of us look bad.

Paul/FF909

Full disclosure: the author of this post owns more than nine guitars. None are for sale.

Greg, I can't believe you're selling the best ones! (Of course, I don't know what others you have.)

I concur with crowbone, the DuoJet is unbelievably fantastic, and I didn't even play it through an amp.

Im interested in the jet, you bringing it to north round up? Need any custom art?

Is that 55 ES-295 equipped with an earlier trapeze tailpiece?

I thought that by 55, they had moved to a separate tailpiece and bridge.

Wow, such beautiful guitars! It inspires me to consider how many I really need to keep around.

I'd probably love that ancient Jet, the price seems decent, but our 25% sales tax on top of it all (guitar + freight) just kicks it out of my league.

Good luck with the sale!

Wow, such beautiful guitars! It inspires me to consider how many I really need to keep around.

– JBGretschGuy

Same here. Good luck Nitrog.

What is the current U.S. prices for a 1955 - 1959 6120? I know what is being asked but what are they selling for? What is the most you would pay today for a decent '55 - '59 ?

Yeah ... intrigued and obsessed minds want to know!

(Although I think I have the story on the 6120.)

Yep, NitroG deleted every single of his posts.

There must be a story to this and I hope everything went well so far.

No mystery guys. Everything went great with the sale of the 6120 and ES-295. The Jet is being tried out with a view to buy by a friend of mine and I'm discussing the Martin with a local musician who is interested in buying it.

I deleted the earlier posts because I got inundated with PMs requesting details about the guitars that had already sold. Not a huge problem I guess but folks were missing the posts where I said the guitars were sold so it was easier just to remove the details of the original posts. It solved the 'problem'

Sort of like the Craigslist etiquette of not leaving a 'For Sale' post up if the item has sold already.

By the way, it was a bit of an emotional day today when I played my '55 6120 for the very last time before I went to FedEx and dropped her off for her journey to her new owner.

What an amazing guitar!

Stunning. Perfect colour

Register Sign in to join the conversation