Gretsch Garage Sale

Vintage 47 Comet Supreme

For sale- Vintage 47 Comet Supreme. They don't make this model anymore. It's Mint, never out of the house. Also includes a cool canvas cover. This is 12 class AB push pull watts in an all octal tube format.

Tubes include: 5Y3 rectifier, 2 x 6V6 cathode biased power tubes, NOS 6SQ7 preamp tube with a 6SL7 phase inverter. Has a 10" Ted Weber Signature speaker. Heyboer transformers.

Hand made point to point wired in San Pedro, CA. Pinstriped Tweed center with Ostrich Tolex caps. A great blues or rock amp. $550 plus shipping. I'd love to sell in person if possible. I'm in central Pennsylvania.

I'm not in the market but just wanted to say that these are awesome. I've owned both Vintage 47 and actual vintage Supros, and I can say that you're not missing anything with V47's version - except the cost and headache of maintaining a sixty-year-old amp!

Best of luck on the sale.

What are the 3 inputs? Different gain levels? Different EQs?

Harp, Instrument. Voice. Taking a patch cable and jumpering the two external inputs and plugging into the middle adds a bit of a boost.

Final price drop, $550 plus shipping. I can't go any lower. Does anyone want a PTP hand wired, high quality USA made octal tube amp for $550, with lacquered tweed, ostrich tolex and a Weber Speaker?

These amps sound seriously delicious. Especially with hollowbodies for blues and swing. But they can rock out as well. And they take pedals just fine. It's not a sparkly clean Fender Fullerton amp, though mine has reasonable headroom. But if you like just a touch of 'hair' or rich vintage break up, it's a dandy. And works at low volume as a living room/practice amp. It's currently the only amp I own, and I don't miss my past amps (except the de Lisle el84 amp, different beast of course) at all.

Excellent! I was starting to have feelings for it, and just don't want to buy any more amps.

Congrats on the sale. I have the version with a 12" Weber sig. and it's a great little amp. Use it with my old Gibby arch top.

Thanks guys. It's a killer amp, the issue for me was it sounded so much like my other Vintage 47 Cowboy amp that I couldn't justify keeping both. It's so purdy though! Love me some tweed.

Looking forward to plugging it in and enjoying some fine tones.

I'll post a video too...

Thanks

Enjoy that Fred. I’ve got a V47 El Capitan that might be the best amp I have.

It’s quite nice. Been playing quite a bit since I gotten it.

I like that it has treble/bass knob. So basic on a small amp and that makes a difference for my guitar approach. My old tweed champ is cool but is quite basic. This 47 comet is right between the champ and my 58 deluxe.

Really impressed. And got a great deal as well. Diggey was prompt with shipping.

I was just jamming to some Grady Martin solos an hour ago with my 54’ 6120 cranking through the amp. Lovin every minute.

I'm not in the market but just wanted to say that these are awesome. I've owned both Vintage 47 and actual vintage Supros, and I can say that you're not missing anything with V47's version - except the cost and headache of maintaining a sixty-year-old amp!

Best of luck on the sale.

– Ty Pierce

it's a reissue no ? not a 60 years old amp

it's a reissue no ? not a 60 years old amp

– DIDIER D

Yes Didier it is a "reissue" amp so to speak.

Its from this decade.

It holds its own when compared to my 59' champ and and or 58' deluxe.

Great value and craftsmanship

Register Sign in to join the conversation