Gretsch Garage Sale

Unloading 1959 Gretsch Guitar and 1965 Ampeg amp.

Up for sale is my '59 Annie. Has Trestle bracing. Pickups are TV jones T-armond. Original tuners, pickuard and bigsby. Comes with Gretsch Hard case. Has had a Neck reset and refret done by a professional luthier: http://www.lehmannstrings.com/ I was informed by Ed Ball that the bigsby was not an original appointment. So what we have here is something purchased aftermarket back in the day. I will be taking it in to a music shop if I get no bites here. Looking for 1200 +Shipping. Also for sale is a 1965 Ampeg Gemini II. https://reverb.com/item/460...

Send me an email At masamune7272@hotmail.com

Hell of a deal there. Where were you when I was shopping for my 6120?

Beautiful! You shouldn't have any problem moving this one.

Deadly combo. Wish I had the money and a better exchange rate. Good luck with the sale.

Oh my, my, my! I think I'm in love. Ed Ball. Tell me about my future guitar.

Has had a Neck reset and refret done by a professional luthier: http://www.lehmannstrings.com/ I

Bernie does superlative work. If I had several fewer guitars I'd be all over this.

Original Bigsby?

– Jonathan A. Sipes......maker of aluminum dust.

"I was informed by Ed Ball that the bigsby was not an original appointment."

Nice. Not a super deal (although not bad) with the exchanged pick ups but probably a great player! Looks like a B3 Bigsby though. But I'm looking on my phone so I could be wrong.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the bigsby. It is a vintage bigsby that was purchased as an add-on back when the original owner bought the guitar.

Has Ed Ball inspected this guitar personally?

Nice guitar, good price!

Though the Bigsby may well be from the same era as the guitar, it's not the correct one....should be a B6. While the guitar is certainly pretty and I also feel a good price especially given the upgraded pups, this Bigsby gives the guitar a 'funny' look to me. Easy enough to fix though.

Old wood, trestle bracing, DeArmond-type pickups from TV Jones. Pro setup with new frets. All for a couple hundred bucks less than the price of a new American Strat?

Let me repeat

If I had several fewer guitars I'd be all over this.

I put dynas on my 58. work well with trestle bracing at volume. Petty i'm not in the US. Congrats to whoever picks this one up

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the bigsby. It is a vintage bigsby that was purchased as an add-on back when the original owner bought the guitar.

– getar

Hi getar, i wasn't commenting on the fact that there is a Bigsby on it but that the Bigsby looks like it is the smaller B3 version that is for solid bodies. It should have a B6 that is the larger size for hollow bodies.

would the b3 make the feel tighter?

Red rocker should buy it as a fraternal twin. Looks like a good deal. I'm surprised there's not much comment on the amp. Good luck.

No takers...It'll be gone soon.

Amp is now at 450.

That's a fantastic price for the Ampeg. Buy the couple and you have a nice vintage set-up for almost peanuts. Wrong side of the pond for me. Good luck!

Register Sign in to join the conversation