Gretsch Garage Sale

Stuff for Sale

Pictures are needed, I know, and will be forthcoming. This is just a quick list to commit me to making this happen.

Everything listed here first, before going to ReverBay. (Which is a tedious species of misery.)

Nuffathis foolin' around, it's time for home house-cleaning. Gotta make room. We got to move these refrigerators, we got to move these...

GUITARS

G&L Tribute ASAT Special Premium
10-13 years old, absolutely as new. Hardly played. "Premium" means extra-cost swamp ash body. Rosewood board. MFD Single-coils. Blueburst w/M-o-P guard. Padded gig bag. Tweaks: 4-way pup selector (adds pickups in series); copper-sheet shielding under pickguard (necessary to kill static noise). Killer Tele, haven't bonded. 500.00 will seem high, but it's perfect, tweaked, and right.

Eastwood Guyatone LG-50 Feather
Couldn't resist RJ Ronquillo's demo. I'm listening to it now, and it's making me want to change my mind. (The non-rock starts about 2:30.) But it turns out the guitar doesn't come with the chops. Mine's just like his, about a year old. Gig bag. Two short indentations in the back where I backed the wheels of my desk chair into it. Not through the finish, apparent only to inspection. 600.00 new. I'm imagining 500.00.

Gibson 50s Tribute Les Paul
These are from, what, 8-10 years ago? P90s, gorgeous Honeyburst. Pro fret leveling/dressing and setup. I rubbed out the flat finish for a nice vintagey lustre, looks great. Excellent, but a little beltbuckling on back (from previous owner). Gibson gig bag. How'bout 900.00?

Reverend Rick Vito
2013. Unplayed case queen as dead-mint new as it could be - but a little natural discoloration on pickup covers. Oceanside Green with the white/black stripe. Flawless playability, of course. Love the bass rolloff and continuous balance control between pickups. Love the headstock. It's just a guitar it's possible I didn't really need. 1,499.00 new. Do I hear 1,000.00?

Liberty Copperhead Resonator
Bill Blue, a character from the Florida keys, used to buy cosmetic 2nd Korean acoustics, cut'em up to put in resonator cones and guts, then cover the tops with thin sheet metal and laser-cut arty soundholes. This'un, from 2004, is brushed copper, chrome res cover. Pretty spiffy. Flat black body. Biscuit-bridge innards, set up midway between finger-style and slide so you can do both. Copper top is lifting slightly in several places; I may glue it back down so you can't tell. Soft metal kinda-countertop-edge "binding" is beat up around bottom lower bout. Compare to Gretsch Roots resonator in tone. Gig bag. I'd like to see 375.00.

Kona "Signature A/E"
I don't even know what that MEANS, but this is a mini-jumbo cutaway acoustic-electric, spruce over rosewood. Nice oval soundhole, abalone binding, brownish pearloid tuners. Undistinguished but functional undersaddle pickup with built-in preamp. Action middling high. Good condition: some top wear, assorted scuffs and marks of use. Kona hardshell case. 175.00.

AMPS

Music Man RD-112 Sixty-Five EVM
Early 80s. Big fat Fendery tube tone (solid-state front end). Massive clean tone, endless headroom. Better overdrive channel than you think. Heavy cast-basket E-V 12. The reverb is all it should be. Good to excellent, but heavy. 550.00?

Gretsch Variety
Yes, that one. Big, bold, beautiful, #6 off the line. 3-10s, harmonic vibrato, you know the amp. Pretty much as new. I diagnosed an inherent internal sympathetic vibration - edges of a bent-aluminum parts-cover pan were vibrating against each other. I had them welded, and that doesn't happen any more. It's gorgeous in appearance and tone, and it's a centerpiece of any room, and it's too big and I just don't use it. Someone should. 2,200.00 or trade for an Executive.

PEDALS

Keeley D&M double drive. 6 weeks young, absolutely as new, in box. 239.00 and up everywhere. Save here at 200.00.

Boss DD-20 Giga Delay double-wide do-it-all delay. Four memory locations for faves. Stereo in and out. About 10 years old, I think. Hasn't been used for the last 4-5. Works right, numerous board-rash finish scratches/chips. In box. 150.00.

Boss RC-20XL Loop Station double-wide phrase recorder/looper. VERY easy operation with 2 pedals, no dancing. 16 minutes recording time in 11 memory locations. Not stereo. Excellent condition, little board-rash. I think I have the box. 155.00.

Boss RC-50 Loop Station phrase recorder. This is the big boy: 7 pedals for easy navigation, 3 separate stereo loops, multiple inputs and outputs. 49 minutes of recording time, 99 patches. Look it up and read all about it. This one mint in box. 350.00.

Boss RV5 Reverb. Absolutely as new. No box. 100.00.

Stigtronics Compressor. Long-time Indiana builder (not as famous as Wampler)! http://stigtronics.com/ Always nice gear, pro builds, quiet and reliable. Not cosmetically exceptional, plain colors and block type. This is a variety of Ross comp. 75.00.

Stigtronics Atomic Drive. Blue overdrive, 3 knobs. I don't remember anything about it. I'll hook it and see if I can figure out what it clone-mods. Nice pedal, or I would't have bought it. (They were in stock in the local store, always try-before-buy.) But it must not have been my favorite, or it would still be on the board. Maybe after I hear it, it will be. For now, 50.00.

MXR Dyna Comp. My first compressor. I dunno, should I sell it? Block-letter, 1979. Beat-up. Works just as it always did: deliciously squeezy and adds noise. Looks like they're 75.00 or so. OK.

Wow lot's off goodies!! If you lived down the street from me I'd buy the music man amp and if I had a zillion dollars I'd buy the variety Best of luck!

Well...it doesn't take zillions.

And yes, I'm sick with goodies.

My name is ...etc... and I have a problem.

I say that Music Man is a deal. If you like LOUD you will love that amp.

But I"m old..... existing down in the 5 to 15 watt range.

I like CLEAN! and clean loud enough to easily deal with a enthusiastic drummer. The Deluxe reverbs I built can just about cut it. I don't think your Gretsch amp is overpriced, just something I can't afford.

The Music Man would do it, of course...but you're in Canadia, no? Shipping would likely be painful.

I'll buy that half-price Deco

What's the weight on that Les Paul?

This scratches an itch I've had ever since I went to my first concert.

I’m not even going to look. Hi. I’m Bob and i’m a Gearaholic. There. I said it.

Crow,

Dunno. Around 8 lbs, I THINK. It's not a heavy one. It's actually been packed in gig bag, in box, for over 2 years, waiting for me to list and ship. I'd owe you a set of strings.

Crow,

Dunno. Around 8 lbs, I THINK. It's not a heavy one. It's actually been packed in gig bag, in box, for over 2 years, waiting for me to list and ship. I'd owe you a set of strings.

– Proteus

I now have guitar Schwinnng!

The Rev Rick Vito is an extremely unique and versatile model. Hot p90 in the neck with Naylor's take on a Supro Dual-pro pickup in the bridge, especially good for slide but smooth and articulate even when dirty. I still miss mine, which I sold to finance one of my 'idiosyncratic' projects. That and my de Lisle amp are the only pieces of gear I have sold that I miss.

And great price on the ASAT. A monster take on the tele.

Hope this is just housecleaning Proteus. Some nice opportunities here.

Pictures are needed, I know, and will be forthcoming. This is just a quick list to commit me to making this happen.

Everything listed here first, before going to ReverBay. (Which is a tedious species of misery.)

Nuffathis foolin' around, it's time for home house-cleaning. Gotta make room. We got to move these refrigerators, we got to move these...

GUITARS

G&L Tribute ASAT Special Premium
10-13 years old, absolutely as new. Hardly played. "Premium" means extra-cost swamp ash body. Rosewood board. MFD Single-coils. Blueburst w/M-o-P guard. Padded gig bag. Tweaks: 4-way pup selector (adds pickups in series); copper-sheet shielding under pickguard (necessary to kill static noise). Killer Tele, haven't bonded. 500.00 will seem high, but it's perfect, tweaked, and right.

Eastwood Guyatone LG-50 Feather
Couldn't resist RJ Ronquillo's demo. I'm listening to it now, and it's making me want to change my mind. (The non-rock starts about 2:30.) But it turns out the guitar doesn't come with the chops. Mine's just like his, about a year old. Gig bag. Two short indentations in the back where I backed the wheels of my desk chair into it. Not through the finish, apparent only to inspection. 600.00 new. I'm imagining 500.00.

Gibson 50s Tribute Les Paul
These are from, what, 8-10 years ago? P90s, gorgeous Honeyburst. Pro fret leveling/dressing and setup. I rubbed out the flat finish for a nice vintagey lustre, looks great. Excellent, but a little beltbuckling on back (from previous owner). Gibson gig bag. How'bout 900.00?

Reverend Rick Vito
2013. Unplayed case queen as dead-mint new as it could be - but a little natural discoloration on pickup covers. Oceanside Green with the white/black stripe. Flawless playability, of course. Love the bass rolloff and continuous balance control between pickups. Love the headstock. It's just a guitar it's possible I didn't really need. 1,499.00 new. Do I hear 1,000.00?

Liberty Copperhead Resonator
Bill Blue, a character from the Florida keys, used to buy cosmetic 2nd Korean acoustics, cut'em up to put in resonator cones and guts, then cover the tops with thin sheet metal and laser-cut arty soundholes. This'un, from 2004, is brushed copper, chrome res cover. Pretty spiffy. Flat black body. Biscuit-bridge innards, set up midway between finger-style and slide so you can do both. Copper top is lifting slightly in several places; I may glue it back down so you can't tell. Soft metal kinda-countertop-edge "binding" is beat up around bottom lower bout. Compare to Gretsch Roots resonator in tone. Gig bag. I'd like to see 375.00.

Kona "Signature A/E"
I don't even know what that MEANS, but this is a mini-jumbo cutaway acoustic-electric, spruce over rosewood. Nice oval soundhole, abalone binding, brownish pearloid tuners. Undistinguished but functional undersaddle pickup with built-in preamp. Action middling high. Good condition: some top wear, assorted scuffs and marks of use. Kona hardshell case. 175.00.

AMPS

Music Man RD-112 Sixty-Five EVM
Early 80s. Big fat Fendery tube tone (solid-state front end). Massive clean tone, endless headroom. Better overdrive channel than you think. Heavy cast-basket E-V 12. The reverb is all it should be. Good to excellent, but heavy. 550.00?

Gretsch Variety
Yes, that one. Big, bold, beautiful, #6 off the line. 3-10s, harmonic vibrato, you know the amp. Pretty much as new. I diagnosed an inherent internal sympathetic vibration - edges of a bent-aluminum parts-cover pan were vibrating against each other. I had them welded, and that doesn't happen any more. It's gorgeous in appearance and tone, and it's a centerpiece of any room, and it's too big and I just don't use it. Someone should. 2,200.00 or trade for an Executive.

PEDALS

Keeley D&M double drive. 6 weeks young, absolutely as new, in box. 239.00 and up everywhere. Save here at 200.00.

Boss DD-20 Giga Delay double-wide do-it-all delay. Four memory locations for faves. Stereo in and out. About 10 years old, I think. Hasn't been used for the last 4-5. Works right, numerous board-rash finish scratches/chips. In box. 150.00.

Boss RC-20XL Loop Station double-wide phrase recorder/looper. VERY easy operation with 2 pedals, no dancing. 16 minutes recording time in 11 memory locations. Not stereo. Excellent condition, little board-rash. I think I have the box. 155.00.

Boss RC-50 Loop Station phrase recorder. This is the big boy: 7 pedals for easy navigation, 3 separate stereo loops, multiple inputs and outputs. 49 minutes of recording time, 99 patches. Look it up and read all about it. This one mint in box. 350.00.

Boss RV5 Reverb. Absolutely as new. No box. 100.00.

Stigtronics Compressor. Long-time Indiana builder (not as famous as Wampler)! http://stigtronics.com/ Always nice gear, pro builds, quiet and reliable. Not cosmetically exceptional, plain colors and block type. This is a variety of Ross comp. 75.00.

Stigtronics Atomic Drive. Blue overdrive, 3 knobs. I don't remember anything about it. I'll hook it and see if I can figure out what it clone-mods. Nice pedal, or I would't have bought it. (They were in stock in the local store, always try-before-buy.) But it must not have been my favorite, or it would still be on the board. Maybe after I hear it, it will be. For now, 50.00.

MXR Dyna Comp. My first compressor. I dunno, should I sell it? Block-letter, 1979. Beat-up. Works just as it always did: deliciously squeezy and adds noise. Looks like they're 75.00 or so. OK.

– Proteus

the best amp of the world. I love the clean channel and the tremolo but here in France they are very expensive. Music Man RD-112 Sixty-Five EVM Early 80s. Big fat Fendery tube tone (solid-state front end). Massive clean tone, endless headroom. Better overdrive channel than you think. Heavy cast-basket E-V 12. The reverb is all it should be. Good to excellent, but heavy.

The Les Paul appears to be from 2011. I had one like it but sold it to my brother so I would hopefully be able to get it back if I ever wanted to.

These are chambered. I was hoping it could give my Duo Jet a run for its money and while it's constructed similar it has its own tone and vibe. I really loved it and if it was my only guitar I would have been happy but I couldn't help comparing it to my Duo Jet. No matter what you do (Chris Cornell ES-335?) to a Gibson it will not sound like a Gretsch. Even still, it's a chambered mahogany body with a maple top and Gibson P90 pickups. It's a winning recipe. These original run 50s Tributes are outstanding guitars.

2010, according to the headstock.

Right! Most of the original run was in 2010. I remember researching my guitar at the time and it was one of the last batches of the light backed Tributes. I think mine was January 2011.

Register Sign in to join the conversation