Gretsch Garage Sale

Red Sparkle Jet on Reverb

Daaa-rooool! And it’s scripty, too.

If anybody's wondering what these play like, I can attest they're on a par with the Vintage Select with the 2" body, but without the V profile neck. I Put TArmonds in mine, and I'm really happy with it.

It’s not working.

– Bob Howard

Said no guitar player ever.

I have one and it is a fine player. It's my favorite of my three jets. It's also a looker!

What's not to like! I don't have a picture to share because I am on vacation and only brought three guitars with me, a Martin OM-28, my Electromatic Red Sparkle, and my Tennessee Rose!

Resistance is futile!

Yeahman...but it's a shame to have to replace the pickups. Wish Gretsch had spec'ed it from the git-go with the premium stuff. Whatever it costs, the swap makes it like 300.00 more.

Gah.

I wonder if it is as chambered as some of the Custom Shops and the BZ.

I've asked the guy, but he refuses to drill discreetly into the back in various places to determine that. Not sure he's serious about selling.

I've asked the guy, but he refuses to drill discreetly into the back in various places to determine that. Not sure he's serious about selling.

– Proteus

He should bring it in for an X-Ray.

You could just get the bridge pickup rewound hotter and save $250.

I was quite impressed with one of these when I played it at a Guitar Center a few years back. I plugged it into a Fender Vibrolux reissue and was really taken by that duo. I went back to buy the Red Sparkle Jet the next day but it was sold. It was that day that I started my search for a Dearmond equipped Gretsch.

I play mine through my hot-rodded Princeton Reverb, and it's everything I'm looking for. I did struggle with the T-Armonds at first, as I only had a selection of tweed amps around, and the TAs with their mid-push sounded muddy through a mids heavy rig. Blackface sound suits the TAs really well, where the mid scoop and mid hump come together in a roar.

I had also fitted 1 meg pots all round, which really opes up the TArmonds.

I play mine through my hot-rodded Princeton Reverb, and it's everything I'm looking for. I did struggle with the T-Armonds at first, as I only had a selection of tweed amps around, and the TAs with their mid-push sounded muddy through a mids heavy rig. Blackface sound suits the TAs really well, where the mid scoop and mid hump come together in a roar.

I had also fitted 1 meg pots all round, which really opes up the TArmonds.

– Uncle Daddy

I love playing my Gretsch 6120T '55VS through my Princeton Reverb clone that forum member Winnie built...

https://soundcloud.com/dani...

Register Sign in to join the conversation