Gretsch Garage Sale

PSA: G6022-C Rancher Acoustic

Here is something that you don't see come up too often. This is the Japan-built Rancher acoustic 6022 guitar.

LINK TO CL SALE

I have no interest in this sale or affiliation with the seller.

Hmmm... I would have thought that someone might have had an interest in this. They don't become available often.

I would too Bob, but I think most folks are just tapped out this time of year.

I think that the seller is dreaming when he says that he wants to trade for a Pro Line model. He should be happy with a high quality Electromatic and call it good.

It’s a nice guitar but the combination of timing and opinion of worth just work against this.

I am only aware of three of us who are active on the GDP who own one of these. Redrocker, Greg and I all have these. They are a fun guitar that is certainly a visual delight that most people don't get to see.

I still think about that White Falcon Rancher I played at the 2011 Roundup. My 2015 WF Rancher doesn't quite get there. But close.

I'm pretty happy with the 3410 that made its way around here before coming to me.

This guitar need is covered for me by our daughter’s WF Rancher. Otherwise it would be interesting. The Ranchers at Nashville in September were all nice guitars.

I still think about that White Falcon Rancher I played at the 2011 Roundup. My 2015 WF Rancher doesn't quite get there. But close.

– JBGretschGuy

I entirely get what you are saying, JB. But, we have to remember that Gretsch is not trying, and has not tried, to build acoustic guitars to compete with Martin, Guild, Taylor and Gibson. They build extraordinary electric guitars and they build highly serviceable acoustics. But, those acoustics will never be confused with the M,G,T & G brands.

All of that notwithstanding, this G6022-C is the closest that I have seen to Gretsch having built a fine acoustic guitar. It is a body that feels like a good guitar; there is nothing cheap feeling about it. And the neck profile is just like on the Terada-built electrics. It projects much, much better than the White Falcon Ranchers. What it seriously lacks, however, is bottom end. They could use some beefier bottom frequencies for my taste.

Register Sign in to join the conversation