Gretsch Garage Sale

Pedal Purge

There's some other stuff, too, but it's mostly pedals. I started pulling pedals and stuff out of the boxes I’d recently stuffed them into, and shooting pictures of all them, editing said pictures, and putting them up where I can link to them. I’m going to start posting them here, and I don’t know how long it’ll take, so this list will get more detailed as I go, but I’ll start with the pictures (of most of them). Pricing will come along as I research them, but feel free to make an offer and save me the trouble. Some of it I'm not all that eager to sell, but I'm not using it, and among other things, I just spent $300 on a pickguard, so I can probably be easily convinced to part with them. So here’s what we’re looking at:

1. Akai Overdrive - I bought this with a couple of other pedals from either a GDPer or a member of the other forum, and I think he only charged me $20 each for them. That seems like a fair amount. This was the only pedal of the group that I ever used on a pedalboard, and it actually worked pretty well. But like most overdrive pedals, I found something else to try and pulled this off. I'd say I found another shiny object, but this one is the shiniest chrome box I've ever seen. Shipping will be another $10 to the Continental US.

2. Way Huge Aqua Puss - SOLD - $100 shipped to the Continental US, other destinations available at extra cost. Got this to fill in for my Strymon on a second board, and it isn't as versatile as a Strymon, but it's a good delay (I think Pete Anderson was hawking it at the time and that was good enough for me). I actually have the box for this, but I didn't find it until after I'd shot the pictures.

3. ART ABY Switch - $40 Shipped. I cut a notch in the battery door to accommodate a Pedal Power cable connected to the battery clip (which is included).

4. BigShot Instrument Selector Switch - $45 Shipped to the Continental US

5. Boss FS-L Latching Footswitch $18 - It works, I got it used, it looks like it, even though I haven't used it much.

6. Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch $45 Shipped, I used to have it on a board for switching a couple other functions on my Boss GP-10, but it's been in a box for a while.

7. Boss FV500H volume/expression pedal $60 Shipped to the Continental US - I used this on my board for quite some time, it has held up very well. I haven't used it for several years.

8. Crown Boundary Mics (2 sold, 3 left) $65 each. I've got the boxes for these, but not all the boxes, I got a bunch of these mics in unused condition, but the boxes intended to hold one mic had 2 or 3 stuffed into them. They're designed to work in teleconferencing systems, large room micing, but I've found two really handy uses for them: 1. I don't have a drum mic kit, and if I put one of these on the floor on either side of the kit, along with a kick drum mic and can easily get a decent sound when I need to amplify the drums in a large situation, and 2. More often, since most of us use in-ear monitors, I put these on the stage near the front and feed them to just the in-ears, so when someone says something on stage that wasn't on mic, the rest of us don't have to say "What?"

9. Dano Transparent Overdrive Version 1 $50

10. Dano Transparent Overdrive Version 2 $50 This one comes in its box, though the box has been crushed a little, the pedal is in fine shape.

11. Dano CoolCat Tremolo - SOLD shipped to Continental US, other destinations at additional cost. I bought this to fill in for my Nocturne Tremolo when I broke it and sent it to Tavo to get it fixed. Works pretty well, especially for the money.

12. Ernie Ball Stereo Volume Pedal SOLD

13. GFS Stereo Reverb Pedal - This is an older version, but it's one of the best reverb pedals in its price range, and I haven't used that aspect of it, but it's stereo. $45 Shipped to Continental US.

14. Boss Harmonist PS-6 - SOLD I bought this thinking it would be a usable pitch shifter, but really, it's a Harmonizer, and I already have one of those. So it's never been on a board, never been gigged with, never really been used beyond one test. That said, I'm not sure I still have the box for it.

15. Boss “Incapacitator” I Can Explain. Although I'm not completely sure of the motivation for its origin, the best recollection I can offer is that when I got my first Gretsch (a pre-FMIC 6120SSU), I hadn't come to grips with the mud switch, and felt the need for a tone control, but knew better than to bastardize the wiring on the guitar. So I found a deal on an old (it was old even then, and I have to figure this is like 16 or more years ago) Boss volume pedal, one that had a little extra room in the forward cabin (sorry, watching too many Star Trek reruns in my convalescence). I even remember picking it up from the seller's apartment building in the Valley on the way home from a Boy Scout campout. Anyway, I cut a slot in it, put a 5-way Strat switch in it, and put the 4 most-common capacitor values used in tone controls in the circuit, leaving one position so it could be just a volume pedal. The knob lets you set the maximum high-end rolloff (minimum tone). And it worked. So I had to come up with a name for it, and because it uses so many capacitors, I named it the Incapacitator. Hey, I was young and needed to spend the money. But at the time, and some time after that, I wasn't gigging, I wasn't jamming, I wasn't recording, so after the novelty of successfully building what I'd planned (however crudely), I put it on a shelf and it stayed there, or in the vicinity. For years. I don't think it's worth much, even to me as sentimental value, but if somebody really wants it, make me an offer. I haven't opened it up to make sure there aren't any spiders in it or anything, but I can if anyone's concerned.

16. Nocturne Junior Barnyard Pedal - SOLD Shipped to Contnental US, other destinations at additional cost. It's a great pedal, and does what it says, but I already have an octal-tube vintage amp and can get that sound by plugging a guitar into it. I know it will do a lot more, but who knows when I'll have a need for that, and if it will help someone avoid the 6-week lead time on a new one, that's fine by me.

17. EH Key9 Electric Piano Pedal - $150 shipped - I bought it and it works great, tracks well, and sounds great, but since I redeployed my guitar synth in Count Rackula, I haven't needed it, so here 'tis.

18. Boss LS-2 Line Selector Pedal (Qty. 2, 1 sold) I have 2 of these that range from Fair to Good condition. Really handy, and I'm tempted to keep at least one of them, because they do so much. $65 (Fair) $70 (Good)

19. ModTone Overdrive - $25 shipped. Decent overdrive pedal, just never had a use for it given all my other overdrive pedals.

20. Mooer EQ Pedal - Sold. This is a handy 6-band EQ, or you can do what I did with it, set it flat and use it as a Boost pedal, it works well for that. I'd keep it, but I have two, so I'm keeping just one.

21. Mooer Reverb Pedal (Malfunctioning) This one used to work great, but now it sounds like a bad imitation of a tube amp that's "motorboating," and isn't usable at all. I'll throw it in for free to anyone who wants it who buys something else.

22. Morley Footswitch - Simple on/off footswitch for amps or pedals that need it. Connects with a 1/4" guitar or speaker cable. $25 and most of that will go to cover shipping.

23. Rogue “Analog” Delay - $39 Shipped "Analog" is in quotes because according to Tavo, it's really a digital delay, "Analog" is the brand name, apparently. But it sounds pretty decent. Ashley Kingman (Big Sandy and the Fly Rite Boys) uses one, and when I asked him about it he said "It's not bad, and I'm not out much if it gets nicked."

24. JHS Tank Dual Reverb $100 shipped - This is the best reverb pedal I've used, but I like my SurfyBear reverb tank so much I don't use it anymore.

25. Radial Bones Twin City ABY Switch - $125 Shipped - Best ABY pedal I've ever used. I'm not eager to sell it, so if it disappears from here, you'll know I changed my mind.

26. Dunlop UniVibe Pedal - Jimi Hendrix Limited Edition Sold - I was shopping for a chorus pedal and tried this and bought it along with the chorus pedal because it sounds so cool. But I don't have much call for it in country or rockabilly music, so it's been in the box waiting to find a new home.

27. Roland US20 GK cable ABY Switch - Sold - If you don't use Roland/Boss' hex-pickup synth systems, read no further, because that's all it'll work with. But it does a great job with those. I had one, and didn't use it for a long time, then when I went to use it, I couldn't find it. I looked high and low and then gave up and bought this one. The next day I found my original one, so this one's never been used other than to test that it works (which it does). No big hurry to unload it, but if you need one, you need one. Probably not two, though.

28. Aphex AcousticXciter Pedal (Qty. 2) - $110 (each) shipped - This is one of the secrets of my tone, if in fact my tone is all that secret. I call it the "Tone Suck Remover" because it makes my guitar signal a little more lively by the time it gets through all the cables in the Rackabilly, but it's also a handy DI if you need it, and makes acoustic guitars sound better, and it'll even run on phantom power. When they stopped making them, I bought 2 more to use as spares, but that was kind of excessive, so here they are.

29. ZVex Box’O’Rock - $105 shipped - This little "Marshall in a Box" is the best pedal of that type that I've ever heard, and it's got a boost as well, so it has served me for a lot of years. And it looks like it. It's been on several boards and has facilitated playing "Achy Breaky Heart" more than I'd like to admit. I had gaffers tape on it to hold the settings in the right place, and there's residue of that on there that I'll try to clean off, but heck, I'm not all that eager to sell this so I may leave it.

30. Shure Green Bullet Mic Sold (Pics coming soon) This mic belonged to a friend who loaned it to me to get me to buy it, but he passed away before I could give it back to him, since I don't play harmonica. I put it up on ebay as an auction Link to maximize the proceeds to cover the debts my friend left behind, and all proceeds will be going to that, I'm not keeping any money from the sale.

31. Groove Tubes Laptop Amp This amp belonged to a friend who loaned it to me to get me to buy it, but he passed away before I could give it back to him, since I have more than enough amps already. I put it up on Reverb [Link] (https://reverb.com/item/346...), if any GDPer wants to make an offer, I'll consider it.

32. Hohner Blues Blaster Harmonica Mic Sold This mic belonged to a friend who loaned it to me to get me to buy it, but he passed away before I could give it back to him, since I don't play harmonica. I put it up on ebay as an auction Link to maximize the proceeds to cover the debts my friend left behind, and all proceeds will be going to that, I'm not keeping any money from the sale.

33. Rickenbacker Lap Steel Sold This lap steel belonged to a friend who loaned it to me to get me to buy it, but he passed away before I could give it back to him, since I already bought another lap steel from him. This one's been to the NorCal Roundup. It's been refinished, and someone, for some reason, put a Fender waterslide decal on it before refinishing it, but I have it on good authority it's a Rickenbacker, as if that pickup didn't give it away. I put it up on ebay as an auction

34. Victoria 45410 Bassman Clone amp Sold This is Victoria's version of the classic Bassman combo amp with 4 10" Mojotone speakers. I love this amp, it works great, it's in great shape, and I'd love to keep it, but I need the money at this point more than I need the amp. That said, I won't be terribly heartbroken if it doesn't sell. And it's too big and heavy to ship, so if you want it, you'll need to either come over to my house and pick it up, or live in the Greater L.A. area so I can deliver it (when I can drive again). But for $1,000, it's yours. Includes vinyl Peavey "theft-deterrent" cover that almost fits. If potential thieves see it and think it's a Peavey, they'll be less likely to steal it.

I'll remove the pictures of stuff as it sells to keep the size of this post as small as possible.

Email sent...dibs on the Jr Barnyard, pending pricing agreement.

Frank. Dibs on the Dano tremolo, please...depending on price.

Sorry for the delay in posting, but in my state of limitied mobility, I can only do a little at a time before I have to go rest up and elevate my leg. I'll get to both as soon as possible.

Oh, and I'm fixing typos as I find them. The pain meds were working well when I wrote this stuff up, but they've worn off now.

Contact thingy didn’t work. My email is njbob10 at verizon dot net

Frank,

Post the laptop pics when you're feeling up to it, please.

Edited: I’d like the Way Huge Aqua Puss. Payment sent. Thanks!

wow I haven't seen a Box Of Rock in years.... I remember when that was THE THING (I had one). Also, the Twin City ABY is excellent.

Just a bump to let y'all know some pictures have been added.

Thanks for looking!

Would love the Univibe and the Mooer EQ Pedal. Will you ship to Canada?

Sure, I'll figure out shipping and let you know what that'll cost.

Update: PM sent. Let me know if you don't get it. My email is my first name @ my last name dot com. Thanks.

Sure, I'll figure out shipping and let you know what that'll cost.

Update: PM sent. Let me know if you don't get it. My email is my first name @ my last name dot com. Thanks.

– giffenf

Cool. Didn't receive the PM yet, but sometimes it takes a while.

Register Sign in to join the conversation