Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: NOCTURNE MYSTERY BRAIN BS-301 echo, vs 4 seafoam sparkle

I'm confused by the effects loop, can you explain? Am I understanding correctly that I'd run something like a Hosa YPM-523 Stereo to Dual Mono Splitter Cable - question is-

Does the Right-Angle 1/4" TRS Male end go into the Mystery Brain and the out to Dual 3.5mm TRS Female ends ....... Do I need 3.5mm TRS Male ends that go to a right angle 1/4" which then goes to and from a pedal in the loop?

Make sense?

– Diggey

Great questions!! The effects loop is simply and FX insert.. It allows you to place your signal chain between the Atomic Brain Preamp section of the Mystery Brain and the Tape Echo section of the pedal. I had a lot of guys wishing they could keep the Preamp at the front of their pedal boards w the echo at the end of the pedal board so we placed a stereo jack in the middle of the circuit board and you can now do just that. the insert jack is a 1/4" stereo (tip, ring,sleeve) jack.

DONT use adaptor jacks (eeek) w it or you will instantly hear capacitance loading (ie. presence loss).. Rather stick w a quality *Hosa type 1/4" stereo to dual mono 1/4" send and return on the Y cable. These can be purchased on reverb or amazon for less than $10.

I will be making available also an uber cable if you would like one from Sinasoid Cables. these will be made from Canare GS-4 cable, right angle connects w send 3' and return 2' lengths.

Hosa STP-201RR Right-angle 1/4" TRS to Dual Right-angle 1/4" TS (3.3 ft)

So grateful we get to make this batch! The next batch will be avail to order on Cinco De Mayo. :)

I’m finally in the que for mine, seriously can’t wait !!!

I'm bumping this up just because it looks so cool.

And because I want one.

Even if I can't afford one right now.

Ugh...

K

I'm bumping this up just because it looks so cool.

And because I want one.

Even if I can't afford one right now.

Ugh...

K

– Konrad

thanks Konrad. Next batch order will become avail Early May. did you see this vid a friend did. He's more of a surf and church muso, doesnt even know who setzer is I thinkHis perspective on his MB pedal is groovy.

Great video demo!

Wow-- very cool.

It's odd--i want to get the Billy band back together (badly), but I am enjoying church mode. Have to play a lot of different styles--sort of trying to mix billy tone (well, the best I can do) with u2 with whatever I can think of for a particular song (actually billy Duffy light seems to work).

The dyno plus the space echo really does ok--but I understand this would replace both and more? Obv, the pedal makes more sense (or spending cash does) if I get back to club gigging, but that's also prolly going to happen soon.

K

K

That is by far the greatest demo I've ever seen.

That is by far the greatest demo I've ever seen.

– Konrad

Yep, Tavo sure has built up quite a “Brand Ethos”, and I for one am digging it

So what does the "Abby" switch do anyway?

K

Register Sign in to join the conversation