Gretsch Garage Sale

New Dynobrain color out, Emerald Kandy..space echo preamp

Improved true bypass switching (reduced pop ) is the latest evolution ( i know ) to a vintage 70's RE-301 space echo preamp. yep, used to be called a Brain Seltzer, same pedal but more versatile some 11yrs later. Will bring bring full sonic spectrum dynamics to any guitar you throw at it. $165 on my website www.thenocturnebrain.com

Tavo, I can't recall if this has been asked before, but do you paint the bodies yourself or is it subb'd out? Just being curious..

Also- have you considered using wraps on the bodies? Would they stand up to being stood on on a daily basis?

Tavo, I can't recall if this has been asked before, but do you paint the bodies yourself or is it subb'd out? Just being curious..

Also- have you considered using wraps on the bodies? Would they stand up to being stood on on a daily basis?

– Kevin Frye

I used to paint all the enclosures but sold my house w the shop 3 yrs ago and moved to the beach in San Diego. So all enclosures are now powdercoated n baked in the Midwest. It pretty much eliminated the chipping and yellowing, as I shot most everything in a 2 stage paint then glossed in an oil based poly to cover the vinyl graphics.. now its UV printed graphics on the powdercoat. My lungs and my throat have thanked me, as I almost had to stop singing for a while. And that was with a half respirator on.

I've thought about wraps but I'm not sure the graphics would line up right all the time, or be clean around the drilled holes for the pots n jacks bushings. If someone knows better, I'm game!

These sound so great in the videos! Are the knobs volume/tone, volume/gain? Do they need to crank up the amp volume to get dirty, or do they break up early? I love the tone, just worry that I'll need to blow my ears out to get breakup. ....things I can't tell from videos.

OR, would they be used before an overdrive and use this pedal to just make the tone so magically awesome? Cool either way, but just wondering.

ALSO wondering if anyone uses these on bass guitar? I'd think it might do something cool there too?

Register Sign in to join the conversation