Gretsch Garage Sale

New batch of Tres Nickels Mystery Brain BS-301 presale, 5-5 @ 5pm PST

BOOM! Ordered with red knobs and a set of silver skirt knobs as well.

Yeehaawwww

Whitewatersky I have the regular green copy. The OG model. lol

Price is not mentioned in this thread, or did I miss it, as I'm prone to do?

half way through this batch, dont miss this one. (gotta love that Paul Setzer pkguard as an ode to Jack White, on my sons G5122T w compton alum, tv classics)

I JUST GOT the minty green one, and it sounds great.

But I irrationally love the red knobs on silver. What is WRONG with me.

I JUST GOT the minty green one, and it sounds great.

But I irrationally love the red knobs on silver. What is WRONG with me.

– Proteus

if red knobs are to silver, what are __ knobs to mint?

if red knobs are to silver, what are __ knobs to mint?

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

think watermelon!, hah

cheers

ps- love the pedal designs t !!! nice! keep goin!

Here is the FX insert cable I had made for Nocturne by Sinasoid. Canare GS4 low capacitance cable from Japan and Neutrik Stereo out to G&H mono connects. Its 3' long on the send and 2' long on the return

That's sure to be a dandy cable, and I wish I could use it. But those are big brutal ends for my high-density boards.

I'll need lower profile, so I'll have to make my own when SquarePlug releases their TRS plugs - guy says maybe June.

Also, no wonder I'm not getting the right sound out of mine - I don't have it sitting on my strings! Why didn't you TELL me?

my cables are tour proof, you can order it w low profile slivers. Sinasoid.com is a group of youngish college grads out here in California that are serious about their stuff and working hard making a name for themselves..kinda like us but younger haha. The Mic cable I just ordered is insane and looks future vintage w my Shure Super 55 on the mic stand. I'll have a link up later tomorrow.

That's sure to be a dandy cable, and I wish I could use it. But those are big brutal ends for my high-density boards.

I'll need lower profile, so I'll have to make my own when SquarePlug releases their TRS plugs - guy says maybe June.

Also, no wonder I'm not getting the right sound out of mine - I don't have it sitting on my strings! Why didn't you TELL me?

– Proteus

are these more gentile?

It only took me three passes with the iron, but I got an insert-Y made with Lava Tightrope cable, a pair of Lava ends, and a GLS pancake r/a TRS. (The GLS are far from my favorite, but I thought I was going to need an uneconomic slew of r/a TRSeseses, and ordered a bagful. They're functional. Slightly higher profile than I'd prefer, but my BS301 is arranged with the insert jack at the back of the pedalboard (or the front, from the stage side...as if there was ever going to be a stage).

If I'd had to go in one more time to resolder the damn GLS or re-poke cable into the Tightrope ends, I was going to order a custom from Sinasoid (yep, I perused their website) - but I wanted to get it done THAT night. You know how that is.

So my Mystwy Twain is deployed (as permanently as a pedal is ever deployed) on my "main board" (insert broad laugh), having displaced the beautiful polished aluminum Atomic Brain which has been one of the few constants on my board since...whenever you started making these things.

The preamp part of the BS comes early in the signal chain (after a couple devices that also insist on being first), then inserts out to the rest of the mono signal chain, coming back to the insert in for Echo, with output feeding El Capi and Flint, for when the "main board" (insert sardonic chuckle) is the only board, so I can have stereo.

It would seem the Echo side of BS and the El Capi might be redundant, but in fact of course they're different enough to coexist. If the El Capi weren't stereo, the Twain would suffice. But I'm accustomed (to the point of addiction) to stereo ear tickle, and it's cruel to deny an old addict his fix.

Anyway. I thought you'd want to know I've made use of the insert path I apparently lobbied for, and the Twain has met my board. It happens to be on the only spot on the board that still uses velcro (because the stupid VLPP2+ power supply is directly underneath it, blocking all the holes); otherwise it would be as permanently QR-plated as everything else on the Temple Audio board.

So gosh. Thanks for making it!

It only took me three passes with the iron, but I got an insert-Y made with Lava Tightrope cable, a pair of Lava ends, and a GLS pancake r/a TRS. (The GLS are far from my favorite, but I thought I was going to need an uneconomic slew of r/a TRSeseses, and ordered a bagful. They're functional. Slightly higher profile than I'd prefer, but my BS301 is arranged with the insert jack at the back of the pedalboard (or the front, from the stage side...as if there was ever going to be a stage).

If I'd had to go in one more time to resolder the damn GLS or re-poke cable into the Tightrope ends, I was going to order a custom from Sinasoid (yep, I perused their website) - but I wanted to get it done THAT night. You know how that is.

So my Mystwy Twain is deployed (as permanently as a pedal is ever deployed) on my "main board" (insert broad laugh), having displaced the beautiful polished aluminum Atomic Brain which has been one of the few constants on my board since...whenever you started making these things.

The preamp part of the BS comes early in the signal chain (after a couple devices that also insist on being first), then inserts out to the rest of the mono signal chain, coming back to the insert in for Echo, with output feeding El Capi and Flint, for when the "main board" (insert sardonic chuckle) is the only board, so I can have stereo.

It would seem the Echo side of BS and the El Capi might be redundant, but in fact of course they're different enough to coexist. If the El Capi weren't stereo, the Twain would suffice. But I'm accustomed (to the point of addiction) to stereo ear tickle, and it's cruel to deny an old addict his fix.

Anyway. I thought you'd want to know I've made use of the insert path I apparently lobbied for, and the Twain has met my board. It happens to be on the only spot on the board that still uses velcro (because the stupid VLPP2+ power supply is directly underneath it, blocking all the holes); otherwise it would be as permanently QR-plated as everything else on the Temple Audio board.

So gosh. Thanks for making it!

– Proteus

Right on! Youre solely responsible for that feature you knowMost people are confused by it strangely but its there now forever

The red surrounds on the foot switches are so damned beautiful.

Register Sign in to join the conversation