Gretsch Garage Sale

Mysterybrain BS-301 in COPPER sparkle

Wow!

– Bob Howard

Thanks Bob! We may be the only ones in this place right now. :)

Perfect!

I like sparkling things.

couldnt get the chopper pics up earlier.. trying again otherwise it defeats the whole point :)

very cool t

robert gordon in the film loveless

cheers

Pumpkin Chopper Copper Sparkle. Say it five times fast... Beautiful color, Tavo.

I was hoping that you would bring one of those to the Roundup so that we could all take it for a test spin. Maybe a loaner to let folks play with it? I think it would pair up nicely with a Gretsch Executive amplifier, don't you?

I was hoping that you would bring one of those to the Roundup so that we could all take it for a test spin. Maybe a loaner to let folks play with it? I think it would pair up nicely with a Gretsch Executive amplifier, don't you?

– Ric12string

It pairs up with anything, even direct to PA like the original RE-301 roland did plugged direct to PA back in the 70s-80s.I only have my proto and performance board model on me. The next batch is being built to order at the moment for shipment in October. Wish I could jet up, never say never. :)

So, Gino from Gino & The Lone Gunmen, a gretsch sponsored blues and rockabilly cat.. took his Ibanez Steve Vai Gem guitar and satriani distortion to the Mystery Brain. Give a listen. (Gino also plays for the 90s psychobilly band, the Guanabatz)

Also have available the NOS toshiba chip version w these throwback Roland style knobs available.

So the first batch of 14 are going out tomorrow

next batch will have oxblood bakelite usa knobs and will ship mid late September, looks amazingly chocolate ish..

nice..but i prefer those roland top "hat" heavy knobs..that's 70's badazz...the bakelites (tho beauttiful) are different era..no steve mcqueen vibe..haha

im sure some will love them!! they are beautiful!

cheers

nice..but i prefer those roland top "hat" heavy knobs..that's 70's badazz...the bakelites (tho beauttiful) are different era..no steve mcqueen vibe..haha

im sure some will love them!! they are beautiful!

cheers

– neatone

right, the brushed silver tophat knobs come on the NOS Toshiba chip version. That one has an actual 70's linear chip if you have to be absolutely spot on w the vibe. Even though the modern Burr Brown chip version (bakelite knobs) sounds the same w a slightly lower noise floor.

Register Sign in to join the conversation