Gretsch Garage Sale

Mint Cliff Gallup Duo Jet For Sale

Hey guys, I have a minty nitro Cliff Gallup model I'm selling. Comes with the Custom Shop style case, fixed and normal Bigsby arms. Love to see it go to someone in the forum. I've had multiple custom shop gretsches and this is the first non CS I feel is the same quality. It's an amazing instrument. It's an 2018 I listed on Reverb for $2799, I would go $2400 OBO for forum member. Email me with any questions or offers. starestouring@gmail.com Link Link Link

Someone is going to be very happy to see this ad. They just don’t come up for sale in aus

Two questions -

1) Are the pickups TV Jones T-Armond? 2) Cliff Gallup's jet would have had a black nitron top (basically drum material like the silver jet still has). Does this tribute model have the nitron top or is it painted (in nitro)?

Good questions. It’s no longer on the Gretsch site, but here are some (sorta) answers.

Question, what’s the difference of the Cliff Gallup model and and a ‘54 reissue dinojet?

Question, what’s the difference of the Cliff Gallup model and and a ‘54 reissue dinojet?

– Matt Vogt

The dinojet is especially popular with children and has a really primordial roaring tone.

The dinojet is especially popular with children and has a really primordial roaring tone.

– Nick45

Actual difference is that the Gallup sig is/was available while there never was a regular 1954 Jet Reissue.

I have a ‘53 re-issue. It has TVJones T’Armond pups rather than the Cliff’s Dynasonics...and my ‘53 RI has a scripty logo.

The Cliff RI is not on the Gretsch web site. Here is the URL for mine.Link

This one has a nitro finish, which sorely tempted me, but I too went for the 53RI for various reasons. I've never played one, but I'm sure it's a stupendous guitar.

I think it's a leap from the 53's to the Gallups. After owning a few of the custom shop gretsches this is the only non CS I've owned that I thought was on par. These are selling used 2800-3600 in the Japanese market, and great collectibles. Why spend 2400 on a 53 poly when you can get a real deal nitro for 2200....

Dropped to 2200- my friend Stephen just used it for a recording session and it's killer- First buyer to email Stephen.blossom@gmail.com at 2200 owns her-

I think it's a leap from the 53's to the Gallups. After owning a few of the custom shop gretsches this is the only non CS I've owned that I thought was on par. These are selling used 2800-3600 in the Japanese market, and great collectibles. Why spend 2400 on a 53 poly when you can get a real deal nitro for 2200....

Dropped to 2200- my friend Stephen just used it for a recording session and it's killer- First buyer to email Stephen.blossom@gmail.com at 2200 owns her-

– Coldstare

pm'd

If someone here does do a deal on this I'd be grateful for confirmation and sharing the final price.

What made me hesitant on this one is that the retail differential between this model and Vintage Select was $300 more for the Gallup model. The VS used goes for ~$1600 so that means logically that a used Gallup should be ~$1900.

But maybe there is a premium for this model now, sort of like the Fender reissues of standard rosewood Telecasters a few years ago which now command a premium because of what they are.

Register Sign in to join the conversation