Gretsch Garage Sale

Looking for inexpensive rack mount gear

Looking for the following rack mount stuff:

Power conditioner

Fan unit

Shelves/drawers or similar hardware

MAYBE a tuner.

Shipping would be to upstate NY. Thanks.

Good luck!

Rackmount gear and inexpensive are two mutually exclusive terms. The power conditioner is a must. I will recommend that you stay away from SKB racks (I've seen far too many damaged ones---cold weather and SKB do not get along) and any chipped wood versions if you're planning on moving them at all.

Thanks, I did get an SKB case but I am far from a professional musician and the other $1000 of rack gear prob wont ever see the cold. Got a SKB 6U for $60 shipped and a few other pieces/parts online. I still need to source a fan but gonna wait to find a screamer of a deal or build one or something. The preamp is gonna take a month to build before it even ships and there is no rush. Got what I think is a decent power conditioner unit and already had the amp that I intend to use the power section of with the preamp. I will post a pic when its assembled.

I have a Furman PL-8 power conditioner, TC Electronic G Major effects processor and a Korg tuner that I would be willing to part with for a decent price. I also have an SKB 4 unit rack case and a Behringer MIDI pedal board.

Thanks, I did get an SKB case but I am far from a professional musician and the other $1000 of rack gear prob wont ever see the cold. Got a SKB 6U for $60 shipped and a few other pieces/parts online. I still need to source a fan but gonna wait to find a screamer of a deal or build one or something. The preamp is gonna take a month to build before it even ships and there is no rush. Got what I think is a decent power conditioner unit and already had the amp that I intend to use the power section of with the preamp. I will post a pic when its assembled.

– Kman007

If it's sitting in your music room, you'll be fine.

Rack fans are just basic computer fans. They do generate some noise, so be aware of that. You can find blank panels with cutouts for them and save money by wiring it up yourself. Look at MCMOnline for any and all electronic bits and pieces.

Register Sign in to join the conversation