Gretsch Garage Sale

Looking for Gretsch bar bridge

I need a bar bridge for my Corvette. I have an Allparts one, but the spacing is a tad too wide for Hilo'trons. I'd trade you for that, if you had Dynos or something that had wider poles, or a "g" hardtail tailpiece, Gibson style bridge..I .have random "other make" guitar parts too...?? Thanks

To which spacing do you refer? String spacing or post spacing? And what diameter posts do you have?

Since you refer to Hilos, I'm guessing you mean string spacing. I can make anything you need (Tru-Arc.) But I have in stock both brass and aluminum with 2" spacing, which is narrower than the usual run of 2-1/16".

I'm looking for post and string spacing that would be the same as what is on my 6120...so, whatever that would be.....sorry for my ignorance on that stuff. I currently have an adjust-o-matic on the Corvette, but like the sound that a big fat brass bar makes happen. Kinda hoping for a trade at this point...the wife is onto me, as I've been "upgrading" too much lately! Yikes! My replies of, "What? I've had that forever" aren't getting past her like before!

Well, which 6120, with what bridge?

And what year Corvette?

It’s just a standard bar bridge. $25 shipped to you.

I have a '60's Corvette bar bridge in my parts collection.

Well, which 6120, with what bridge?

And what year Corvette?

– Proteus

The 6120 is a 2006 Nashville 1960 reissue. The Corvette is a 60s that I got for eight bucks, with no parts, when I was a kid.

I'm looking for post and string spacing that would be the same as what is on my 6120...so, whatever that would be.....sorry for my ignorance on that stuff. I currently have an adjust-o-matic on the Corvette, but like the sound that a big fat brass bar makes happen. Kinda hoping for a trade at this point...the wife is onto me, as I've been "upgrading" too much lately! Yikes! My replies of, "What? I've had that forever" aren't getting past her like before!

– hilosean

"...the wife is onto me, as I've been "upgrading" too much lately! Yikes! My replies of, "What? I've had that forever" aren't getting past her like before!"

Start a conversation about her shoe collection.

The bridge on the 6120 almost certainly has 5/32" (4mm) posts set 2-29/32" center-to-center, with 2-1/16" string spacing. By spec, radius is 12" (though the guitar itself may differ from that slightly).

The 60s Corvette is a blank canvas as far as putting a bridge on it. You'll have to measure the post diameter and spacing to know if a current bridge (Gretsch or Tru-Arc™) will fit on the existing base. But that base can be replaced with a modern one that fits the current bridges.

If you want to be vintage, take ewkewk up on his offer of a 60s original. (Assuming you have the original base that fits it - if not, a base can no doubt be found or fabricated.) Performance may or may not be similar to that you get on your Nashville. (The pickups are so different that any bridge is going to behave very differently as well.)

Threadkiller's Gretsch bridge at 25.00 should work if your 'vette's base has the specs mentioned above.

If you want to spend more money, Tru-Arc can make and supply any sort of bar bridge (including compensated), in any of 5 metals (plus glass), with any post spacing/dia, radius, and or string spacing you'd like.

I can't find my Corvette bar bridge. I'll have to go to my garage and figure out which of the 100 boxes there have the rest of my guitar parts (sigh). I did find a 6120 bar bridge with base but I'm not interested in selling that -- at least for the present.

Register Sign in to join the conversation