Gretsch Garage Sale

** JB’s annual FREE STUFF thread! **

Jon...so sorry but these were already claimed. PM sent...hopefully I can help you out with something else in the future.

– Wheelgrinder

No worries at all.

Okay, found a pack of D'Addario XL Chromes flat wounds .011's (model# ECG24). PM me if you want them.

– Jon

PM sent. I have a Reissue Standel Glendale logo for anyone that has an amp or a clone that can use one.

Just wanna throw out that this thread is always amazing.

that amp is insane!

killer work pwdg.

I've got about 10 fairly faithful recreations of the spare fuse envelopes found stapled (usually missing from, actually) inside the cabinet of pretty much all Valco-made amps in the '50s and early '60s. This would include most Gretsch, Supro, National and Oahu branded amps. I noticed most of my amps were missing the envelope and scoured the internet looking for repros. Unable to find any, I decided to try making my own. I'm pretty happy with the result. These are the correct size envelope with the correct font. I'm even throwing in a 2amp slow blow fuse and the correct size staple (the staple is usually still in the cabinet and can be reused if removed with care). PM with address and I'll send one over!

Hey Grumps, the shells are on their way.

Thanks Metman and Olivia for making it a Gretsch Holiday!!!

"Thanks Metman and Olivia for making it a Gretsch Holiday!!!"

Most Welcome. My pleasure

Olivia, thank you. I still have my santa poster. Makes me smile all year long whenever I glance at it. (Year round)

"Olivia, thank you. I still have my santa poster." Again, most welcome. Truly, it is Joey who deserves the thanks--I just printed them out and circulate them. I'll do this until none of you needs them in future years. Also, many thanks to Kevin F. for the "Merry Christmas," which Curt wanted when we couldn't send. BTW, Merry Christmas to each of you. And, a happy and prosperous New Year to all. Olivia Anne

Is that joe c in the poster?

Hey Grumps, the shells are on their way.

– crowbone

Got them yesterday. First seashells my daughter has ever seen. Thanks!!

The Champ is on the way Munman.

Sorry for the dee-lay.

Merry Christmas!

Parting shot.

– Powdog

Hubba HUbba!

Parting shot.

– Powdog

WOW!!!

Thanks Metman and Olivia for making it a Gretsch Holiday!!!

You're welcome Larry! Happy Holidays!

That amp is unbelievable! You must have been a very good boy this year, Munman! Some great stuff going on here!

Holy guacamole! Surreal! Full photo shoot and vid when it gets here!

Hey Bob Howard! Thank you again for the '59 Bassman pedal ! I got to try it out last night at a local jam and it really sounded great! Think my Tube Screamer will be taking a back seat for awhile.. Happy Holidays!

So glad you like it! Ho ho ho!

The Champ is on the way Munman.

Sorry for the dee-lay.

Merry Christmas!

– Powdog

Wooowwwwww!

It got here yesterday,frozen to my deck in the snow. I brought the bix in and let it warm up in a cool room in my house. This morning i unpacked it and cant belive how lucky i am. Im extremely happy. I sounds great. I plan on building a travel case for it and bringing it with me to any roundups i drive in a car to. I tryed every guitar i own into it. thanks powdog.

Happy New Year Mun.

Gretsch Bolo Tie in action...thanks to Suprdave for hooking me up!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation