Gretsch Garage Sale

** JB’s annual FREE STUFF thread! **

Let's clean out those drawers and have some fun!

Please make your items FREE or FREE, plus shipping.

I'll start with a trio of NOS RCA 6SQ7 tubes for Gretsch/Valco/Fender etc. amps.

Genius idea. Wives across the world are thanking you, Josh.

Genius idea. Wives across the world are thanking you, Josh.

EXCEPT for those wives of members on the receiving end of free stuff...

Great idea!

Josh, will those fit my '59 6161? If so I'll take 'em!

I'll fish around and see what I can find to pay it forward and make someone else happy.

Here's my humble contribution to the goodwill

Vintage Mel Bay Lap Steel book - CLAIMED

Banjo instruction book/DVD/CD set

Rico lanyard & Jazz Select pin

Fender strat bridge cover (for hardtail bridge I think) - CLAIMED

I will also add this.

GONE! To the Netherlands!

One pack of Gretsch playing cards, unopened. Gone!

Cool stuff, already, guys!!

Deke, I am not sure if the '59 still had octal preamps, but you should be able to look and see. If so, they are yours!

The print center I used a couple of years back to print these for us is gone, now. But, I will find someone to print us a few more of these if Y'All want them, again. They seemed to be a pretty big hit a couple of Christmases ago. (Sorry Curt, I didn't create the graphic; so, I still can't change "Holidays" to "Christmas, BUT, I do have just the photo without any print whatever, if you wish that.) We really need a Red and Green Sparkle Jet in front of a Tree and a Big Ole Turkey with a Great Gretsch Orange, dontcha think? Don't get me started on the White Penguin with the Bunny!

If you would like to have one, let me know here, then send me your full contact info, please.

I'll add two of these.

Gone!

– UncleGrumpy

Hey, John. I found that these 11s are perfect on my new Guild A-150. I have a few extra sets, but I can't find anyone who sells them anymore, so I would like to put in a claim for those bad boys...unless someone knows if they still make them and I can still buy some.

I'll look through my stash for some stuff to offer up.

OK, here's my orphans-- free to a good home.

First up, an elderly but perfectly functioning DOD FX12 Tuna stage tuner. This is a guitar/bass tuner, not chromatic. no manual or box, but the manual can be downloaded HERE. Runs off 9V battery, but is better suited when attached to a power supply, as it stays on as long as something is plugged into the input. the foot switch functions as a mute for silent tuning. The bottom has never been velcroed, and has all the original rubber feet and screws-- never been attached to a pedalboard. 9V battery not included. Oh yeah, one more thing-- this one's actually MADE IN USA-- housed in the old-school DOD bulletproof metal case.

Next up, a lone GFS Dream 90 Bridge pickup, complete with original box, standard mounting hardware, and instruction leaflet. It's been used once, but the leads were never cut-- just de-soldered. These mount in a standard Gibson-style humbucker mount.

Here's my humble contribution to the goodwill

Vintage Mel Bay Lap Steel book - CLAIMED

Banjo instruction book/DVD/CD set

Rico lanyard & Jazz Select pin

Fender strat bridge cover (for hardtail bridge I think) - CLAIMED

– Mark Nason

Oh, and Mark, I'll be happy to take the lap steel book off your hands!

Oh, and Mark, I'll be happy to take the lap steel book off your hands!

– Tartan Phantom

OK, it's yours. Just message me your mailing address.

I would love those playing cards! I will rummage and add my contribution later tonight!

Josh, if Deke can't use those 6SQ7's, I'll take them off your hands. I know my '56 Gretsch uses them in the trem circuit.

I'll throw a copy of my band's new CD into the mix too. 3 piece rockabilly/honky tonk group called the Suns of Memphis, the CD has 6 originals and a cover of Warren Smith's Ubangi Stomp on it. Free to the first one that wants a copy!

First up, an elderly but perfectly functioning DOD FX12 Tuna stage tuner. This is a guitar/bass tuner, not chromatic. no manual or box, but the manual can be downloaded HERE. Runs off 9V battery, but is better suited when attached to a power supply, as it stays on as long as something is plugged into the input. the foot switch functions as a mute for silent tuning. The bottom has never been velcroed, and has all the original rubber feet and screws-- never been attached to a pedalboard. 9V battery not included. Oh yeah, one more thing-- this one's actually MADE IN USA-- housed in the old-school DOD bulletproof metal case.

Next up, a lone GFS Dream 90 Bridge pickup, complete with original box, standard mounting hardware, and instruction leaflet. It's been used once, but the leads were never cut-- just de-soldered. These mount in a standard Gibson-style humbucker mount.

– Tartan Phantom

I'd be happy to take that dream 90 off your hands!

I have a few items in my parts drawer i'd be happy to post for this group. I'll be posting tonight.

I'd be happy to take that dream 90 off your hands!

– SecretAgent138

It's yours--

Send me a PM with your mailing address.

Mark Nason-- PM sent for the lap steel book!

I've got two packs of Dean Markley Blue Steel Acoustic Strings in light gauge (.011-.046) still sealed up if anybody wants 'em.

PM me if interested...

It's yours--

Send me a PM with your mailing address.

Mark Nason-- PM sent for the lap steel book!

– Tartan Phantom

I got a returned email. Can you email me? i.romero138@gmail.com Thanks!

– Tartan Phantom

I'd like that tuner!

I'd like that tuner!

– Pappy

You got it, Pappy! I already have your address, so we're good to go.

SecretAgent138-- that's weird, a gmail address bounces a gmail address? Been getting PMs from others just fine on my end.

No matter, I will email you tonight and we'll get the ball rolling on the Dream90!

Everyone else-- that's all my freebies spoken for.

Hey, John. I found that these 11s are perfect on my new Guild A-150. I have a few extra sets, but I can't find anyone who sells them anymore, so I would like to put in a claim for those bad boys...unless someone knows if they still make them and I can still buy some.

I'll look through my stash for some stuff to offer up.

– Bob Howard

Done! PM your address. I know I had it but I lost it.

I would love those playing cards! I will rummage and add my contribution later tonight!

– Kman007

Yours! PM me with your address.

Register Sign in to join the conversation