Gretsch Garage Sale

Jangle Box -SOLD

I am fundraising for a bucket list Gretsch.

Can't post pics at the moment, but it's a silver model I that has very little play time, so I'm moving it along.

This compressor/boost pedal gives you that classic Ric sound you hear on Beatles, Byrds, etc...

$200.00 shipped

Helps to take the privacy setting off the pics

20170215_180712

20170215_180615

I've never understood if a Jangle Box is made for a Ric, or made for a non-Ric to sound like a Ric.

Did you find a knotty Roundup Crow?

I've never understood if a Jangle Box is made for a Ric, or made for a non-Ric to sound like a Ric.

– Daddy Dog

Their design is virtually entirely predicated upon the on-board compressor that Roger McGuinn had on his 370-12 guitar. That is why John Hall hates these boxes so much. He contends that Jangle Box simply reverse engineered the compressor and created the Jangle Box. When you run a Rickenbacker twelve-string through one, it does emerge sounding remarkably like McGuinn's guitar sounded. So, I would say that they were originally made for a Rickenbacker, and particularly a twelve-string.

I don't find them quite as good to my ear when I use another brand and a six-string. They do squash the notes pretty heavily and I am not sure that other guitar sounds benefit from that as much as a Rickenbacker twelve-string does.

– Daddy Dog

I've plugged the Astro-12(w/dual Super'Trons) and a Danelectro(w/dual lipsticks) into this and both have delivered a classic "Ric" sound.

I imagine that if you plug a Rickenbacker into a Jangle Box, Time, as we know it, will fold in on itself, and we'll be scooted away in a yellow submarine into another dimension full of giant sea creatures and Pepperland.

Did you find a knotty Roundup Crow?

– Otter

Oh, I found one, but I'm trying to fund a Pearl Jet.

I've plugged the Astro-12(w/dual Super'Trons) and a Danelectro(w/dual lipsticks) into this and both have delivered a classic "Ric" sound.

I imagine that if you plug a Rickenbacker into a Jangle Box, Time, as we know it, will fold in on itself, and we'll be scooted away in a yellow submarine into another dimension full of giant sea creatures and Pepperland.

– crowbone

Stephen Wright: I put instant coffee in the microwave once, and went back in time.

Stephen Wright: I put instant coffee in the microwave once, and went back in time.

– Daddy Dog

We'll need to start a Steven Wright thread on it's own merit.

Went to a general store...and couldn't buy anything specifically.

I'm not afraid of heights....... I'm afraid of widths.

I bought a helicopter once. I couldn't find a parking space, so I tied it to a parking meter and left it running.

Brilliant comedian. Both he and Rodney could get big laughs with only a few words. Steven is the Far Side comedian.

We'll need to start a Steven Wright thread on it's own merit.

Went to a general store...and couldn't buy anything specifically.

– crowbone

Yes. This.

I have found my JB useful in Open Mic situations where you don't want to lug an AC30 around and I plug into the house PA.

I've also found a use for it with acoustic guitars. By using modest amounts of gain and attack and placing the treble boost toggle switch in "normal", my finger-style acoustic guitar takes on a nice shimmer and clarity, that is unique and pretty cool sounding.

Sold to a GDP'er in the Great White North!

Sold to a GDP'er in the Great White North!

– crowbone

Good. Just in time to fund the purchase of that Pearl Jet.

Good. Just in time to fund the purchase of that Pearl Jet.

– Ric12string

'That' Pearl has been sold.

I want to talk to Joel about his Peal Penguin.

One of the prettiest guitars I've ever seen.

He gets some sweet gear, and can play it well, too!

That's Shanghai Joel? Haven't seem him much around here in years.

That's Shanghai Joel? Haven't seem him much around here in years.

– Otter

That's him, all right.

I see him on facebook a bunch.

Is Joel still selling his in house designed amp?

Is Joel still selling his in house designed amp?

– Mark G

I'm not sure, Mark.

Register Sign in to join the conversation