Gretsch Garage Sale

Jangle Box

I am fundraising for a bucket list Gretsch.

Can't post pics at the moment, but it's a silver model I that has very little play time, so I'm moving it along.

This compressor/boost pedal gives you that classic Ric sound you hear on Beatles, Byrds, etc...

$200.00 shipped

Helps to take the privacy setting off the pics

20170215_180712

20170215_180615

I've never understood if a Jangle Box is made for a Ric, or made for a non-Ric to sound like a Ric.

Did you find a knotty Roundup Crow?

I've never understood if a Jangle Box is made for a Ric, or made for a non-Ric to sound like a Ric.

– Daddy Dog

Their design is virtually entirely predicated upon the on-board compressor that Roger McGuinn had on his 370-12 guitar. That is why John Hall hates these boxes so much. He contends that Jangle Box simply reverse engineered the compressor and created the Jangle Box. When you run a Rickenbacker twelve-string through one, it does emerge sounding remarkably like McGuinn's guitar sounded. So, I would say that they were originally made for a Rickenbacker, and particularly a twelve-string.

I don't find them quite as good to my ear when I use another brand and a six-string. They do squash the notes pretty heavily and I am not sure that other guitar sounds benefit from that as much as a Rickenbacker twelve-string does.

– Daddy Dog

I've plugged the Astro-12(w/dual Super'Trons) and a Danelectro(w/dual lipsticks) into this and both have delivered a classic "Ric" sound.

I imagine that if you plug a Rickenbacker into a Jangle Box, Time, as we know it, will fold in on itself, and we'll be scooted away in a yellow submarine into another dimension full of giant sea creatures and Pepperland.

Did you find a knotty Roundup Crow?

– Otter

Oh, I found one, but I'm trying to fund a Pearl Jet.

I've plugged the Astro-12(w/dual Super'Trons) and a Danelectro(w/dual lipsticks) into this and both have delivered a classic "Ric" sound.

I imagine that if you plug a Rickenbacker into a Jangle Box, Time, as we know it, will fold in on itself, and we'll be scooted away in a yellow submarine into another dimension full of giant sea creatures and Pepperland.

– crowbone

Stephen Wright: I put instant coffee in the microwave once, and went back in time.

Stephen Wright: I put instant coffee in the microwave once, and went back in time.

– Daddy Dog

We'll need to start a Steven Wright thread on it's own merit.

Went to a general store...and couldn't buy anything specifically.

I'm not afraid of heights....... I'm afraid of widths.

I bought a helicopter once. I couldn't find a parking space, so I tied it to a parking meter and left it running.

Brilliant comedian. Both he and Rodney could get big laughs with only a few words. Steven is the Far Side comedian.

We'll need to start a Steven Wright thread on it's own merit.

Went to a general store...and couldn't buy anything specifically.

– crowbone

Yes. This.

I have found my JB useful in Open Mic situations where you don't want to lug an AC30 around and I plug into the house PA.

I've also found a use for it with acoustic guitars. By using modest amounts of gain and attack and placing the treble boost toggle switch in "normal", my finger-style acoustic guitar takes on a nice shimmer and clarity, that is unique and pretty cool sounding.

Register Sign in to join the conversation