Gretsch Garage Sale

Interested in a G6129BZ Silver Jet Trade?

I am very grateful to the Gretsch family and team to have won this guitar at a Nashville Round-Up several years ago. Its a super fine guitar imbued with Billy Zoom, Stephen Stern and Curl Wilson mojo. But the truth is I don't play it much and there may be some GDP member here who is an avid Billy Zoom fan or a true jet aficionado that would appreciate it much more than me.

For a potential, one-for-one trade, I'm interested in a Gretsch hollow body with non Dynasonic pick-ups, locking tuners, pinned bridge and Tru-Arc bridge. Also looking for a mid-Atlantic region trade in person, or something that is no more than an 8 hour drive from the Washington DC area.

If this is something you might be interested in trading for in the near future, I'm perfectly fine discussing further at the next Balto-DC Round-Up ... if there is one in Spring 2018.

Brian, you know I'm interested.

I have a Gretsch that meets all but one of your needs. It's the SpectraSonic that is hollow, but not a hollowbody. It has a pinned titanium serpentine TruArc, Great TVJ F'trons (Powertrons?), Locking tuners and is awesome.

If you weren't dangling that BZ in front of me, I wouldn't think of parting with it. I could sweeten the deal with gear or $.

And I'm close enough to meet up.

Oh wow! That actually sounds kind of cool NJBob! Can you attach a photo or send me a photo via PM? Thanks - Brian

Oh wow! That actually sounds kind of cool NJBob! Can you attach a photo or send me a photo via PM? Thanks - Brian

– Brian_66

Yup. I think I have your email from years ago, if it hasn't changed.

No change in my contact info. Look forward to discussing further.

Sent pics to 'cox' email.

You didn't break the neck again, did you? ;)

If that’s the Spectrasonic I played at the Roundup, it is absolutely superb.

You didn't break the neck again, did you? ;)

– crowbone

No, its been taken care of much better since then.

If that’s the Spectrasonic I played at the Roundup, it is absolutely superb.

– Bob Howard

It is. And it is.

Enjoy the BZ NJBob! I feel like I had a good run with it and I'm digging the Spectra Sonic big-big.

Looks like two happy campers. Congrats to both.

That looks like a trade match made in heaven. Powertrons and a killer fast neck for the metal-inspired guy, and we all know how long NJBob has admired the BZ tribute model. Congrats fellas!

Does a body's heart good, it does. Congrats, fellers.

Now. I wonder how many silver sparkle Jets we can assemble at the next Roundup.

I can't stop smiling. These are two great guitars. I will be a good steward of the BZ.

Gotta woodshed now to give it some justice.

Made the trade over a year ago and I kind of feel like Bilbo having turned over the one ring to Frodo. But I really have come to enjoy the feel and sound of the Gretsch Spectra Sonic. It feels good not to hoard something that I won by chance and am hoping you are getting some good play time with the BZ!

Hey, Brian. I'm digging the BZ more every time I pick it up. I do miss the Spectra Sonic, though. That is a special guitar, too.

Only if NJBob says he wants to. There was nothing really formal about the trade ... just a mini Gretsch Round-Up to try each other's guitars in Bob Howard's living room.

It was a fun day, Bob H. Thanks for hosting the handoff.

I plan to hang onto the BZ until rigor mortise sets in...and even then you'll have to break my fingers to get it.

I'm good at the finger breaking thing. Brian, if that Spectra Sonic ever needs a new home let me be the first to know.

Bob, I feel the same about the jet I got from you.

Register Sign in to join the conversation