Gretsch Garage Sale

I never learn

Well I had to try this new in box 2012 Japanese 57SS short scale 22.5" Strat. Very few in US but I snagged one. Bladebucker is original on these. Only 6 pounds.

I keep telling myself in a mind over matter way that I can hack the harrow 1- 9/16" neck @ nut width but I realize again 1 10/16th is where I start like the Mexi 22.5s have. And I no longer used to or like the 7.5 radius and lo-frets which was ok last century when I was an Intense Vintage Fender Dude, -- which all ended nearly 20 years ago.

So it's outta here-- $575 plus shipping.

Well I had to try this new in box 2012 Japanese 57SS short scale 22.5" Strat. Very few in US but I snagged one. Bladebucker is original on these. Only 6 pounds.

I keep telling myself in a mind over matter way that I can hack the harrow 1- 9/16" neck @ nut width but I realize again 1 10/16th is where I start like the Mexi 22.5s have. And I no longer used to or like the 7.5 radius and lo-frets which was ok last century when I was an Intense Vintage Fender Dude, -- which all ended nearly 20 years ago.

So it's outta here-- $575 plus shipping.

– DCBirdMan

I share a third of your neck requirements. I need the wider neck too as most around here know but I want my frets as low as possible to avoid fretted strings going out of tune - sharp - when depressed with the open strings being played. A lot of fingerstyle players have the same concerns. As for scale length, I generally prefer the 24.6" over the 25.5" but anything shorter I haven't played or find a need for.

Good luck with the sale.

Yes, taller frets can cause fretted notes to go a bit sharp if you press down hard. I'm hopeless.. 24" is now long scale for me

I've got to tell you DC, I laughed when I saw the thread title. Because I'm in the same boat for very similar concerns, but your title just sums it up best. Good luck on the sale.

Register Sign in to join the conversation