Gretsch Garage Sale

Help me find my first Gretsch - Dyna’d 6120

After 15 years of dreaming of one, I am finally at a point where I can start shopping for my first Gretsch. I'm presently interested in the following models - 6120 DSW - 6120 DSV - 6120-1957

If you have one or know of one, shoot me a message with all the usual info (condition, pics, etc). I'm not in any major rush. I've waited this long for a Gretsch, I can wait longer.

Thanks everyone. You have no idea how much I value your opinion and input.

Thanks Mac but I've already looked into that one and it's not in the condition I'm looking for.

But thanks for looking for me!

Thanks for the advice Bob, I'll look into that option.

Update, I've ruled out the CGP. As cool as it is I think I'd find it limiting as my one and only Gretsch.

So I'm inching closer and closer to a DSW from Rocky but am still looking.

I've now got an offer of a 1st edition Duane Eddy 6120 is Ebony Burst for $1750. What do you think?

The DE model you mention would be a very nice choice. The ebony burst is cool and unusual.

But I have to add that an even BETTER choice would be the new DE signature model.

I played one at Nashville last fall and it is jaw-dropping. Fit, finish, sound, feel -- everything. It's really a new level of Gretsch.

To put it in perspective, I want one bad, and I own two dyna'd 6120s (a new DSV and a '56 vintage). You really owe it to yourself to locate one and take a test drive.

redrocker, I got an offer of the new Eddy Gretsch but alas, it is $500 over my max budget.

GC has a used 97 for 22. I have one it is ti so sweet. Put a compton stainless on it and a gold B6.

Guitar Center Englewood Englewood, Colorado 80112 303-858-0858

redrocker, I got an offer of the new Eddy Gretsch but alas, it is $500 over my max budget.

– Mark Nason

Not pushing you, as I do understand the budget issue, but you said "an offer" ---- just want to ask if you have shopped around a bit? Did you try Rocky at Street Sounds, or some of the other sponsors on here?

Still, I know that $500 is quite a big gap... Judging by that, if you're around $1800 or $2200 for your budget, you should be able to get something very nice, new or used. I scored my DSV for about $1750 (before prices went up). Or maybe that ebony burst is the way to go after all. Best advice I can give overall is be patient, and wait for the right guitar and/or the right deal. I've managed to get some really nice gear at low prices by doing that (and some not-as-low priced gear on impulse buy!).

In any case, best of luck with whatever you wind up choosing.

redrocker, I did research the great sponsors here. With my budget, I'll be looking at used but I did email 2 of them with my "wish list" so they can let me know if and when any become available.

I saw a used DSW from Rocky on Ebay but waited too long and it was taken. Luckily, he posts a lot of used inventory on a regular basis, so he's one of the ones that I'm watching daily. I'm also looking at craigslist, our own Gretsch Garage Sale, Gretschpages and Guitar Center's used dept.

I am patient and I'm just going to wait until I "feel it" .

redrocker, I did research the great sponsors here. With my budget, I'll be looking at used but I did email 2 of them with my "wish list" so they can let me know if and when any become available.

I saw a used DSW from Rocky on Ebay but waited too long and it was taken. Luckily, he posts a lot of used inventory on a regular basis, so he's one of the ones that I'm watching daily. I'm also looking at craigslist, our own Gretsch Garage Sale, Gretschpages and Guitar Center's used dept.

– Mark Nason

– nasonm

Was that the 6120 DSW that was listed for $1999? I'm the culprit behind that one. I watched it the entire time I was on vacation and just had to buy it. Sorry bout that. 8-o

I've bought other "used" Gretsch guitars from Rocky on ebay and they are usually mint to the point of no fretware and still having the plastic over the pickguards and trussrod covers. If patience is your game just wait on him to post another.

Yup captainvideo, that's the one! I was hemmin' and hawin' about buying it (always wondering if I'd find something better). But I'm still watching Rocky's new additions!

In the meantime, I'm still weighing my options of DSW, DSV, CGP & the 1st Gen Duane Eddy model I found. All can be had for 2K or less (right now I've got tabs on all but a DSW).

Spiral, the 2nd one (on Gbase) is the DSV I've been eyeing!

– Mark Nason

– nasonm

:D Me too! I shouldn't have posted it. Well i can tell you he is firm on the price.

– nasonm

:D Me too! I shouldn't have posted it. Well i can tell you he is firm on the price.

– spiral

– nasonm

– spiral

I know, I asked him too! :D

DSW for 1500 in Lake Charles, LA

@nasonm we should coordinate!

Register Sign in to join the conversation