Gretsch Garage Sale

Guitar collection for sale (not mine)

Gang,

A friend of mine in Bakersfield is retiring from music and contacted me about thinning out his herd of guitars. He modified a bunch of these, some with the help of luthier Bill Gruggett, who worked with both Mosrite and Hallmark in the 1960s. No Gretsches, but Fender offsets and others of interest, so it seemed worth posting here.

Pictures aren't necessarily the best, so if you want more information, please PM me for his contact information. He's willing to ship, with the buyer covering the cost. Guitars have no cases, unless otherwise specified.

I've got no financial interest here, just trying to help a friend and find some cool guitars loving new homes.

Thanks, Mel

First, the offsets!

Fender Jazzmaster, customized with three pickups and Bigsby, $500

Fender Jaguar with P90s and Hallmark Vibrato, mahogany body, $600

Fender Jaguar, humbuckers, Bigsby, $500

Squier Jazzmaster w/ US pickups and Bigsby, $500

Squier Jagmaster w/ US pickups, $500

Fender American Toronado, Bigsby, $800

Hyde offset, Vintage Vibe P90s, Bigsby, $600

DeArmond Jet Star w/3 pickups, Bigsby, case $600

Non-offsets!

Fender Strat XII 12 string, $800

Fender US Tele w/4 way switching and Bigsby, case, $1,200

Danelectro 12 string with custom carved body, $500

DeArmond M75T w case, $600

Hallmark Stradette, case $500

Danelectro, $400

Squire Pawnshop 51, $600

DeArmond Starfire, case, $800

Epiphone doubleneck, custom P90 pickups, Bigsby, case, $1,000

Wow! Righties have all the luck.... some nice guitars.

Eminently reasonable prices. Glad there's nothing I can talk myself into needing!

That first one, the Jazz with the added Jag pup, is a real looker!

You are a good man, Mel, to help your friend like that.

Man....I want half of those but can’t justify a single one.

Well, maybe the Strat XII.

What's a Hyde? Can't find any info on it.

Hyde is my friend's last name. He designed and built a few guitars with Bill Gruggett.

That's a peachy collection, but I'm so glad there's nothing there that catches my eye. Some real cuties though, if you're into offsets. All sensible prices too. And I love the Tiki setting .

You're a good Man Mel, and I wish you and the owner the best of luck with the sales.

What is the next step in the event that we are interested in some of these instruments, Mel? Would we let you know, or is there a website or something? I feel like I missed something ... thanks in advance!

What is the next step in the event that we are interested in some of these instruments, Mel? Would we let you know, or is there a website or something? I feel like I missed something ... thanks in advance!

Your friend has great discerning taste in guitars.

It could be because I already have several of these that I'm saying so

But seriously, these are the examples of great guitars that are available now at a reasonable price point that are just really good instruments. I think we're at a unique place in history where we're at the end of the 'guitar boom' that began in the '50's and progressed through the 60's and 70's with manufacturing techniques advancing to be able to produce finer and finer instruments at increasingly inexpensive price points.

We're lucky to be guitar players alive now.

I have several Dearmonds (GREAT guitars), but that 3 pup Jetstar is calling to me. I had a black one that I foolishly sold a while ago, but this one is cooler.

Anyone who is interested in an instrument, send me a PM and I'll send you Lonnie's contact info. Probably best to reply "PM'd" here so I know to look for a message.

Thanks guys, Mel

Register Sign in to join the conversation