Gretsch Garage Sale

Gretsch Wildwood Special Run G6128TDS Duo Jet 2014

I'm reluctantly selling this incredible Wildwood Duo Jet in limited Sonic Blue. There are zero issues with it. It's in excellent+ condition with zero fretwear or other issues to speak of. The only things I can find are very light surface scratching on the back next to one of the control plates and a small indentation in the back of the neck, which I've tried to capture pics of. There's very slight tarnishing on the Bigsby arm as well. The T Armonds are fantastic in this one, as usual. It's an absolutely killer guitar, and I'm only moving it on to fund another purchase. There weren't a ton of these made, so grab it while you can! Happy to answer any questions you may have. Let me know if you're interested and we can discuss price. Specs are listed below as well as the Reverb listing with more pics. Thanks!

2014 Model Model: Special Run G6128TDS Duo Jet Finish Color: Sonic Blue Finish Type: Polyurethane Weight: 7.82 lbs Limited Series: Exclusive to Wildwood Guitars in North America! Top Wood: Laminated Maple Back & Sides Wood: Chambered Mahogany Neck Wood: 1-Piece Mahogany Fingerboard: Rosewood Fingerboard Radius: 12" Fingerboard Inlays: Aged Pearloid Hump Block Frets: 22 Binding: Multi-ply Cream Controls: Master Volume, Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone, 3-Way Toggle Hardware : Gold Bridge: Ebony-Based Bar Bridge Tailpiece: Gretsch Bigsby B3G Pickguard: Gold Case: Gretsch Hardshell Case

*I'll be out of town 3/5-3/7 and can ship on 3/4 and again on 3/8. Thanks!*

https://reverb.com/item/200...

Please be sure to add this guitar to the GDP's Guitar Database as it is a very unusual version of the venerable Duo Jet.

Also, is it just my eyes, or does the Bigsby list a bit to the treble side?

Great looking guitar!

Nice! I'm adding this to the "Blue Gretsch" thread too!

I think it does does skew a bit that way. Many, if not most, Bigsbys do, and it has more to do with the strings than anything else. Heavier strings will straighten that right out, but it should work fine as is. It's a great-looking instrument!

Is this one of the "Ooops, there's some blue mixed in with the white" paint schemes? The color itself is very rare, if so.

Hey guys! I think it might skew just a hair. It never really bothered me, or affected anything. This is a beauty, and yes the sonic blue is a fantastic color! It's a very subtle blue and is pretty hard to find! I'm pretty sure they only made 12 of these. I'll miss it, but I have to put money back in the bank, unfortunately!

Great looking guitar! Love the color.
Yes, sonic blue is a light shade. It probably is 'more blue' (thinking of Spinal Tap... "none more black"..Ha!) in person than the picture depicts. It's a great Strat and Tele color and looks awesome on the Jet! Best of luck with the sale,

Great looking guitar! Love the color.
Yes, sonic blue is a light shade. It probably is 'more blue' (thinking of Spinal Tap... "none more black"..Ha!) in person than the picture depicts. It's a great Strat and Tele color and looks awesome on the Jet! Best of luck with the sale,

– Metman

Thanks very much! It's a fantastic color. Looks great on a Duo Jet!

I have the Lake Placid Blue version of the Wildwood series, such a great guitar. Did you say yours has T-Armonds in it?

I have the Lake Placid Blue version of the Wildwood series, such a great guitar. Did you say yours has T-Armonds in it?

– david burch

Hey! Yep, this one has T Armonds in it!

nice, that shouldn't hurt the sale! I love mine, somebody go for it!

Wow that's pretty. I would personally like it even better if it had nickel or chrome hardware. It's stunning as it is though.

Register Sign in to join the conversation