Gretsch Garage Sale

Gretsch G5420T Fairlane Blue Pinstriped rockabilly machine

I like the stripes. Is the eyeball painted? Do you still have the pickguard?

That is awesome!!!

That's very nice. Not usually a fan of pinstripes, except Walts but that looks great!

Anybody know Frank (PanhandleRagged68)? I sent him a payment for this husk on Sept. 9th... he reported a death in the family a month ago, and I haven't heard from him since. Several emails and a phone call (voice mail) this past weekend has yielded zero response.

I'm genuinely worried about him... but if another few weeks go by I guess I'll have to consider the potential that I was simply scammed.

If anyone knows him, maybe touch base with him and make sure he's Ok.

This is the meaning, Ed, of suffering for your blues.

Anybody know Frank (PanhandleRagged68)? I sent him a payment for this husk on Sept. 9th... he reported a death in the family a month ago, and I haven't heard from him since. Several emails and a phone call (voice mail) this past weekend has yielded zero response.

I'm genuinely worried about him... but if another few weeks go by I guess I'll have to consider the potential that I was simply scammed.

If anyone knows him, maybe touch base with him and make sure he's Ok.

– kc_eddie_b

Ed, you are a patient man! Good on you for giving the seller the benefit of the doubt. I would have been hounding him after a couple of weeks. I hope everything works out for you (and him as well, I suppose!). Let us know what happens.

Well... three months after sending payment, I've finally received this Electromatic husk. I look forward to engaging in the project!

The seller isn't a bad guy from what I can tell... but I would caution anyone looking to buy any of his offerings in the future. Buyer beware.

Good on ya Ed, glad it worked out — you must be happy to have another blue one in the stable, and did I mention I love those stripes?

What pickups are you thinking of putting into it?

Sorry to hear it took so long to get the guitar. It looks like a great project. I particularly like the pinstripe job. Please post some pics when you have finished installing the pickups.

Congrats. Glad it worked out. How about posting a pic to remind us what it looks like since the original post has been deleted?

Just getting the parts together. The B6 and P-90s are just sitting on the top. I have some jewel-style Falcon knobs. I'll need a different bridge. But I'm already feeling the mojo...!

Painted-on headstock motif covers the "Electromatic" text.

It's looking great! Worth the wait!

Painted-on headstock motif covers the "Electromatic" text.

– kc_eddie_b

I maybe wrong but I think in the fairlane blue has no Electromatic text. It has the newer headstock shape too...

You could be right about the headstock. I just assumed it was under there. Maybe the former owner just felt like it needed a flying eyeball to be complete. I dig it.

It's looking great! Worth the wait!

– Hoot Owl

Yup.

Register Sign in to join the conversation