Gretsch Garage Sale

Gretsch G5420T Fairlane Blue Pinstriped rockabilly machine

This is a very cool looking and playing guitar that was pinstriped by the legendary Jim Brando ( http://www.brandoart.com/ab... ). It's a 2 tone dark blue and purple pinstripe job, although it only looks one color in the pictures, it's a lot more intricate and impressive looking then my cell phone can capture. I had TV Jones Setzer signature pickups in the guitar, and it absolutely screamed! I pulled the pickups for another project and the guitar DOES NOT come with pickups (hence the price). The nut was professionally dressed and grover type tuners installed. The guitar plays great and stays in tune, even with heavy Bigsby use. Slap some Filters in it and you are good to go. $400 shipped in a padded gig bag in the CONUS.

I like the stripes. Is the eyeball painted? Do you still have the pickguard?

I like the stripes. Is the eyeball painted? Do you still have the pickguard?

– Charlie Vegas

The eyeball is painted, and yes I have the pickguard.

That is awesome!!!

That's very nice. Not usually a fan of pinstripes, except Walts but that looks great!

Anybody know Frank (PanhandleRagged68)? I sent him a payment for this husk on Sept. 9th... he reported a death in the family a month ago, and I haven't heard from him since. Several emails and a phone call (voice mail) this past weekend has yielded zero response.

I'm genuinely worried about him... but if another few weeks go by I guess I'll have to consider the potential that I was simply scammed.

If anyone knows him, maybe touch base with him and make sure he's Ok.

This is the meaning, Ed, of suffering for your blues.

Anybody know Frank (PanhandleRagged68)? I sent him a payment for this husk on Sept. 9th... he reported a death in the family a month ago, and I haven't heard from him since. Several emails and a phone call (voice mail) this past weekend has yielded zero response.

I'm genuinely worried about him... but if another few weeks go by I guess I'll have to consider the potential that I was simply scammed.

If anyone knows him, maybe touch base with him and make sure he's Ok.

– kc_eddie_b

Ed, you are a patient man! Good on you for giving the seller the benefit of the doubt. I would have been hounding him after a couple of weeks. I hope everything works out for you (and him as well, I suppose!). Let us know what happens.

Register Sign in to join the conversation