Gretsch Garage Sale

Gretsch Black Falcon 6136 DS (Sold locally through kijiji.ca)

I have this great Falcon up on Reverb; lots of pics there. For GDP members, ) shipped to continental USA or Canada. It has had a Bigsby B6 professionally installed. https://reverb.com/item/155...

I just checked the USD-CAD exchange rate and I can offer this for $sold**** for forum members, shipped to continental USA or Canada. And, I'll throw in and additional 4" wide Italia leather strap; this one is in addition to the creme one and is black with golden backing; a perfect match for the Falcon.

Gorgeous! Best of luck, on the sale.

Roy, congratulations on the sale. I'm sure the funds will go to yet another guitar (that's where mine always end up). I've ended up with a couple of your guitars in my hands over the years, and I had been drooling over this one, too. Glad that the temptation has been removed!

Roy, congratulations on the sale. I'm sure the funds will go to yet another guitar (that's where mine always end up). I've ended up with a couple of your guitars in my hands over the years, and I had been drooling over this one, too. Glad that the temptation has been removed!

– reverb11

Yea, it was a nice one, but I'm going through some downsizing, including my house. I'm down to three Gretsches and really like them, and, three is not too many to rotate. It feels good. The only one left to sell, which I have no idea how to go about doing, is a $20,000 Linda Manzer classical with Brazilian Rosewood back and sides and a superb Canadian Red Cedar top. Some of the funds from the sale of stuff is going into pedals, but as judiciously as I can manage. The temptation of a surf green Timmy was too much, and I'm picking up a Strymon Flint this evening; both will get used regularly. Tavo's stuff is preventing a good night's sleep though, so any self restraint might be out the window soon.

Good luck with the downsizing. I have attempted it myself in the past, but the guitar/gear hoard always seems to replenish. The Manzer guitar sounds amazing and she deserves her reputation.

It is an irony that when I was gigging regularly and had no money, my "rig" consisted of one guitar and one amp. I was working part time tending bar (and working in music retail) while playing the type of gigs that are available in London, Ontario, so I had no cash. Now--I have tons of nice gear, and very few gigs (because I have a "real" job)!

But I would like to retire someday too (I've just turned 50) and will need to downsize the "stuff" in the next ten years or so, too. I keep thinking I would like to sell a bunch of nice instruments and buy a couple of spectacular ones, but I find it easier to buy guitars than sell them...

Yea, it was a nice one, but I'm going through some downsizing, including my house. I'm down to three Gretsches and really like them, and, three is not too many to rotate. It feels good. The only one left to sell, which I have no idea how to go about doing, is a $20,000 Linda Manzer classical with Brazilian Rosewood back and sides and a superb Canadian Red Cedar top. Some of the funds from the sale of stuff is going into pedals, but as judiciously as I can manage. The temptation of a surf green Timmy was too much, and I'm picking up a Strymon Flint this evening; both will get used regularly. Tavo's stuff is preventing a good night's sleep though, so any self restraint might be out the window soon.

– Journeyman

Hey Roy, congrats on the sale. Simply out of curiosity, do you have any pics of Linda's guitar you could share with us?

Hey Roy, congrats on the sale. Simply out of curiosity, do you have any pics of Linda's guitar you could share with us?

– Windsordave

I'll take a few on the next sunny day and post them. Hopefully the wood grain will show up.

Register Sign in to join the conversation