Gretsch Garage Sale

G6119-1962HT

This is an older model, I just bought it but then bought something else. The next day, I bought another something else, so I have to part ways before I can get to know the guitar. I am willing to let it go for $999 plus $75 shipping within the continental U.S.

You're gonna regret getting rid of this one.

Great guitar and great price! I love mine!

I think Twom is right. I just spent some time with it and I’m going to hold on to it for now. Sold-to myself.

That was a giveaway. Hang on to it.

That’s a great price for that guitar.

Someone's gonna score a nice guitar at a nice price!

This thread inspired me to get mine out. There went an hour of pure musical satisfaction. Dambit but these guitars have such a distinctive, engaging voice. Texture and character for miles, and incredible tonal balance.

Thanks everyone for confirming I was about to do something stupid. It is a killer guitar and I can’t believe I almost let it go.

I've bought and sold a few 6119-1962 models. I always regret it when I let one go. Wise choice!

Thanks everyone for confirming I was about to do something stupid. It is a killer guitar and I can’t believe I almost let it go.

– aclownfish

That's a good thing for both of us, because I was inches away from pulling the trigger on your guitar.

Good decision. It looks like HiLos and Tennys are getting the respect they deserve.

Somehow I missed this when you first put it up. One of these is on my short list, and your price would have made it a no-brainer....

What year is yours? 2005 seems to have been a common and very good year.

I bought mine on New Years Eve for a little more than that price and one sold a day or two later for a little less than mine. That is a great price for a Pro level Gretsch!

You made a wise decision to hang on to it.

Great guitar at a great price. If only I was in the market for the guitar now.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Chet really push for the closed F holes in this model?

Register Sign in to join the conversation