Gretsch Garage Sale

FS/FT: ‘05 Gretsch Spectra Sonic

It sure has been passed around around here.

I see you could not resist temptation there Mr. Bob! Well, seems I'll just have to pay you (and my old guitar) a visit !

I see you could not resist temptation there Mr. Bob! Well, seems I'll just have to pay you (and my old guitar) a visit !

– redrocker

Yep. Resistance is futile! Come visit. I have drums set up. The Guild misses you.

I think it should look like this. I’m sure I’ll change my mind a few times before it arrives.

I think it should look like this. I’m sure I’ll change my mind a few times before it arrives.

– Bob Howard

She was once red too for real

Thanks, T. I’m collecting pix of all of it’s disguises.

Paul Shannon owned it, then I used it for a million different setups mostly for pickup testing, then Edward Misk bought it.. Lots of tonez in this baby!. btw.. who did the awesome pickupgards??

– TheNocturneBrain

Who is Edward Misk? One of us?

Who is Edward Misk? One of us?

– Bob Howard

he works for Chicago Music Exchange. He's on the other gretsch forum, sharing their latest.

ps. I'll buy the xtra pkguards from ya :)

Thanks, Tavo. I’ll keep that in mind. I may keep the tortoise ones. I just got it and it really looks splendid in person. I’ve got ideas.

he works for Chicago Music Exchange. He's on the other gretsch forum, sharing their latest.

ps. I'll buy the xtra pkguards from ya :)

– TheNocturneBrain

It came with 3 extra pick guards. A white double one the shape of the tortoise (single ply) , a plane white single ply in the normal shape and a nice 3 ply (w-b-w) normal shaped one with a kind of pearl pattern. Were you interested in the tortoise ones?

It came with 3 extra pick guards. A white double one the shape of the tortoise (single ply) , a plane white single ply in the normal shape and a nice 3 ply (w-b-w) normal shaped one with a kind of pearl pattern. Were you interested in the tortoise ones?

– Bob Howard

Dont know if you got my email about the original pickguard for that guitar. Found it in a drawer. I had sanded off the last sparkle paint job and at some point shot a base coat of metallic silver and silver microflake on it w a sealer coat.

Also forgot that my friend and blues cat from Nola, owned it for a yr or so before we did some trading or ?? I dont remember, but at least you know another fellow Gretsch'r had it down south.

http://www.gretsch-talk.com...

I didn’t get your email. Did you get mine? I’m at bobhoward42 at gmail.com. Also bob at bobhoward dot org.

Also comes with these unused white pickguards for the tuxedo look. Plastic still on them. Final Price drop to 850 shipped

– Travis Johnson

Trav.. who did these pickguards for you, I'm curious. I want some more work done.

Yessireebob! It’s winging it’s way back to the left coast today! Tavo, I think the guy before Travis had the tortoise guards made. He might be this guy.

Geez. This guitar is being passed around more than NJBob’s Historic at Nashville. Congrats

Trav.. who did these pickguards for you, I'm curious. I want some more work done.

– TheNocturneBrain

Sorry. Just saw this. It was the previous owner who then made. I’ll see if I can find out who made them.

Sorry. Just saw this. It was the previous owner who then made. I’ll see if I can find out who made them.

– Travis Johnson

thank you Travis!

thank you Travis!

– TheNocturneBrain

No problem! The Reverb seller responded with this: “ My tech subbed it out to somebody. I think it was "The Pickguardian" guy.”

No problem! The Reverb seller responded with this: “ My tech subbed it out to somebody. I think it was "The Pickguardian" guy.”

– Travis Johnson

what kind of living affords one to "sub it out to a tech" ps. thanks..pickguardian it is

Register Sign in to join the conversation